Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin
The top to the ashtray on the rear drivers side door panel has broken. I bought a new one and I am trying to figure out how to replace it. I undid the two screws under the panel but it did not easily come off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I can post a diagram if you can tell me the model year of your Cayenne.

The top to the ashtray on the rear drivers side door panel has broken. I bought a new one and I am trying to figure out how to replace it. I undid the two screws under the panel but it did not easily come off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2005 CTT. Thanks for the help.

• Admin

I have a 2005 CTT. Thanks for the help.

I'll send you an PM for the door panel.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

for those who want to know how to replace the rear door ashtrays and are not contributing members here is my experience:

I originally had the paint wear away on the rear passenger side ashtray. I was still under warranty so I took it to Porsche dealer. They started the repair and upon getting the door panel off they noticed that the ashtray piece was melted into the door panel. They then gave me a loaner vehicle for the night and next dayed a complete door panel from Atlanta to the dealership and replaced the entire door panel. I figured that it must have been something wrong with that particular panel thus the "melting." However, when the paint began to wear on the rear drivers side door I was out of warranty so I purchased the replacement ashtray from Sunset Imports(sponsor of this forum and great to deal with). I then took it to local Euro dealer. Upon taking the door panel off he showed me how the ashtray was "melted" into place. Its done like this at the factory. The part is put in place and then the ends are melted to hold it into place. He cut the old one loose and remelted the new one into place. Looks good and didn't have to replace the door panel. I hope this somewhat helps or at least gives you an idea of what is involved.

• 2 years later...

Loren,

I have to replace both ashtrays at the rear doors. Could you send me the diagram for removal of the real door panels? Thanks.

Also do you happen to have the part number. It is a 2005 Cayenne S with black interior.

George

• Admin

Loren,

I have to replace both ashtrays at the rear doors. Could you send me the diagram for removal of the real door panels? Thanks.

Also do you happen to have the part number. It is a 2005 Cayenne S with black interior.

George

Looks like you have to buy the whole armrest.

I will need your interior option number as there are several.