Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

GT3 RS Suspension setting

SimoPP

I have been searching this forum for suspension setting items, but no luck. Could of course be my bad English.

Anyway, please advice where I can find more information about the subject. At first I am planning to decrease camber because I mainly drive the car on the track. In the front the "supporting mount" ie the plate holding the strut may have optional holes so turning it might be how to do it.

Please, guidance needed!

Edited by SimoPP

...Anyway, please advice where I can find more information about the subject. At first I am planning to decrease camber because I mainly drive the car on the track. In the front the "supporting mount" ie the plate holding the strut may have optional holes so turning it might be how to do it...

I do not understand what information you desire. If you are looking for settings, here was the starting point I used for a 997 GT3, given to me by another GT3 owner:

front: sway bar 1 from full soft, -2.5 deg. camber, -0.05deg. (toe-out), caster is non-adjustable

rear: sway bar in the middle, -2deg. camber , +0.16 deg. toe-in per wheel

I also decreased ride height slightly.

Well I am a beginner in this, trying to learn these things. As far as I understand, the settings you mention seem reasonable and a good starting point, and they match what Michelin says about camber settings for Pilot Sport Cup, keeping in how they put it: "don´t get too crazy here". I don´t dare to touch the ride height before I can be sure I still get to the main road from where I live ie. unless I make it stiffer.

What I am looking for is HOW to adjust camber in the original GT3 RS.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally took my RS to a local race shop for adjustments. By turning the "supporting mount" ie. the plate on top of the shock 180 degrees does it. Some shims were needed, too.

Now the car has -2,5 degrees camber and 0.5mm toe-out in front, and original settings of -1,7 degrees camber and 1.0mm toe-in in rear. The sway bars were also left as original, front 1 from soft and rear in the middle.

Thanks QP for your advice, I think I now have the basic settings on it.