Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Difference in Wheels?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the Stock 00' Boxster S wheels I have which are the Sport Edition 3 wheels, silver painted. I want a rim that allows me to still use the factory center caps with Porsche Logo, but something that's slightly more "shiny" (but not chrome) then the ones i currently have. I don't feel the stock 18" give the car any justice and I've been looking at rims for a long time. I don't think Chrome will look right on the silver body.

These are 19" fit the vehicle, and in the picture "appear" to be a bit more "flashy".... but the decription says: Finish: Silver Painted

se_cup4_s_ci3_l.jpg

This is the Wheel I have currently.

000_0025.jpg

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Edited by usaf-lt-g

Wheels are a very subjective topic...some love a particular style and others loave them. You can never go wrong with classic styles, but that may not be your taste. I was never a fan of the Porsche twist style wheels, but I'm a long time 911 guy (Fuchs are still the classic Porsche wheel).

I am also not a fan of polished or chrome wheels; too much bling...save them for the Escalades. There are enough pictures of memebers cars on this, as well as other forums. See what design you like best and go for it.

Anyone know what kind of wheels these are?

AA%2003-11-08%20305.jpg

I was able to find this on Wheel Dynamics website. The company of the wheel is Race Inc. and the model of the wheel is RPK 065. Here is a link to their products page which have the RPK 065 as the first product as you scroll down. http://wheeldynamics.net/Wheels.html

Hope this helps!

Edited by samba3_11