Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Found a tech with a PST2 (laptop) and programmed a brand new valett key. Do have a used key and asked if it could be programed as well, although I know that the remote was not going to be possible to program due to no barcodes. The tech advised that he could only program a brand new key. I was under the impression that the key, regardless of the code in the black pill-like thing (transponder?), was programmed in to the car , not the car programming the car code to the black pill-like thing (transponder?) whis is what the tech said what programming a key was about. Noticed the car only had one empty slot for a key. Could it be possible to delet all four keys and re=program the original key tha came with the car, the valett key and the extra used key I have? How can I tell looking at the PST2 whick key code belonga to waht key?

Also, asked if he could enable the OBC and he said that not all models had that capability, after insisting a little asked to try and he was bale to acyic=vated it. Next, the OBC hack.

Was able to keep the password to program the keys in my car. The tech mentioned that some features need a password different from the password to programs the keys, is that true?

• Admin
Found a tech with a PST2 (laptop) and programmed a brand new valett key. Do have a used key and asked if it could be programed as well, although I know that the remote was not going to be possible to program due to no barcodes. The tech advised that he could only program a brand new key. I was under the impression that the key, regardless of the code in the black pill-like thing (transponder?), was programmed in to the car , not the car programming the car code to the black pill-like thing (transponder?) whis is what the tech said what programming a key was about. Noticed the car only had one empty slot for a key. Could it be possible to delet all four keys and re=program the original key tha came with the car, the valett key and the extra used key I have? How can I tell looking at the PST2 whick key code belonga to waht key?

Also, asked if he could enable the OBC and he said that not all models had that capability, after insisting a little asked to try and he was bale to acyic=vated it. Next, the OBC hack.

Was able to keep the password to program the keys in my car. The tech mentioned that some features need a password different from the password to programs the keys, is that true?

Reprogramming a key requires:

All keys (so you don't program over an active one)

Your car because the code(s) get put in the immobilizer control module

Your car's specific IPAS security codes from Porsche AG.

and, if you get a new key the, the new key and 24 digit code exclusive to that key.

There are only 4 key positions in the immobilizer - so it is always best to have all keys available when adding or removing a key (so you pick the right ones).

Loren:

Please don't think I'm antagonizing with you, I'm just confused.

Lets consider this without the remote. The valey key does not have a barcode (24 digit code)

What has the code, the car or the black pellet on the key head? Do you program the key code to the immobilizer control unit (ICU) or "a" code from the ICU to the key black pellet? Which is what the "tech" said he was doing.

I was able to get the IPAS for my car, is it only for key programing or for any activation that needs an IPAS?

If programming a key is configuring the code from a key (black pellet) to the ICU, how can I tell wich code displayed on the PST2 screen belongs to whayt key?

• Admin
Loren:

Please don't think I'm antagonizing with you, I'm just confused.

Lets consider this without the remote. The valey key does not have a barcode (24 digit code)

What has the code, the car or the black pellet on the key head? Do you program the key code to the immobilizer control unit (ICU) or "a" code from the ICU to the key black pellet? Which is what the "tech" said he was doing.

I was able to get the IPAS for my car, is it only for key programing or for any activation that needs an IPAS?

If programming a key is configuring the code from a key (black pellet) to the ICU, how can I tell wich code displayed on the PST2 screen belongs to whayt key?

I am sending you a PM.