Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Time to switch out the cars running rubber..

I have a set of PZero Rosso tires (P265/35ZR18) on my 996 C4 Cabriolet and am tired of changing out the rear tires every 10-12K miles. Let me first say; I am really not riping it up. I am probably a little to conservative with the car, I use it for commuting and mostly highway miles. Consumer Reports rated the Falken Ziex ZE-912 very highly and the PZero Rossos at the bottom of the list! Has anyone had any experience with the Falkens?

Thank you!

Brian

I have a set of PZero Rosso tires (P265/35ZR18) on my 996 C4 Cabriolet and am tired of changing out the rear tires every 10-12K miles. Let me first say; I am really not riping it up. I am probably a little to conservative with the car, I use it for commuting and mostly highway miles. Consumer Reports rated the Falken Ziex ZE-912 very highly and the PZero Rossos at the bottom of the list! Has anyone had any experience with the Falkens?

Thank you!

Brian

I had the Falkens on my 2000 C2 coupe. I also use my car as a daily driver and don't rip it up. They exhibited typical inner tire wear and started to howl. I got Discount Tire to exchange them for another brand since they had only been on 9000 miles.

I heartily recommend Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec. They'll still wear out after 10-12k miles (any tire worthy of going on a porsche will), but you'll be much faster ;)

Sumitomo HTR Z III are also supposed to be pretty good for the money. They have a higher tread wear rating, too. They're relatively new, so not too many reports yet of tire life.

Edited by grover

Dear Forum, I highly recommend the Nexen 3000 brand. They are very aggresive looking, have great grip, run very quitely and you can get a whole set installed for under about $350.00. They are great - much better than the Pirelli P-Zero tires I used to have and 1 P-Zero is over $200.00. Just my opinion, Jerry

If you're not concerned with wringing every last second from a lap time with your tires, I suggest you go with inexpensive, long wearing, good wet weather, name brand tires. Tire Rack has an excellent system of customer reviews that can help when you decide what charateristics are important to you.

Edited by atomichead

Hmmm checked out that nexen tire for the new rims i'm going to put on my Box S. 19" Sport Edition Cup 4 19x8.5 front, 19x10 back. Recommended Tire size for the front are 225/35ZR19 and 265/30ZR19 for the back. Unfortunately, doesn't look like Nexen has a tire for the front fitment.

I've been looking at the B/F Goodrich g-Force TA KDW/2 tires. They're ultra agressive looking, and good performance. Problem is.... they cost a fair buck ;)