Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Homelink

I have a 2006 Carrera bought in the USA and made to US Specification. I have moved, with the car, to the UK. Garage door openers in the USA are on a different frequency from the Rest of the World (RoW). The frequency for the US spec Homelink system is different from the frequency for the RoW Homelink system. I took the car to the dealer who hooked up the progaming box and, although there is the option to change the Homelink setup from USA to RoW, the command cannot be executed becasue the car is fitted with a USA Homelink module. I therefore need to change the Homelink module from USA to RoW. What parts will I need?

I have a 2006 Carrera bought in the USA and made to US Specification. I have moved, with the car, to the UK. Garage door openers in the USA are on a different frequency from the Rest of the World (RoW). The frequency for the US spec Homelink system is different from the frequency for the RoW Homelink system. I took the car to the dealer who hooked up the progaming box and, although there is the option to change the Homelink setup from USA to RoW, the command cannot be executed becasue the car is fitted with a USA Homelink module. I therefore need to change the Homelink module from USA to RoW. What parts will I need?

I know the part number for the US unit is 997 618 227 01 "control unit garage door opener" with an additional info item of I607: "Garage door opener 'Homelink', 315 Mhz"

I see another part number listed 997 618 225 02 "control unit garage door opener" with an additional info item of I608: "Garage door opener 'Homelink', 433 Mhz"

Since I know the first part is for US, then my assumption would be that the second part (997 618 225 02) is RoW

You should verify this, though, before ordering :)

• Admin
Frequency is country specific.

Hmm so maybe the part numbers I listed... one is for US, and the other for Canada, then...

US and Canada use the same frequency (315 MHz).

Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, also use 315 MHz.

So most of the rest of the world is 433 MHz.