Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCM1 Nav Disc's Needed

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have recently purchased a 2000 996 C2 with PCM. The car was from California and the previous owner only had disc 1 CA/NV. I live in MO so I need disc 3. I contacted my local dealer and he is unable to get the disc. I contacted NavTech and like others, I was told sorry they no longer support Porsche and do not have any NOS disc they can provide. I contacted PCNA and the girl I spoke with was very nice and tried to find a set of disc's for me but was unsuccessful.

I read a post some where that someone had their MY 2000 firmware updated to be able to use the last set of disc’s issued for PCM 1, the 2003.1 disc (PCM 1 7 disc set). I was able to find a 2003.1 disc on e-bay and my dealer thought they would be able to flash my firmware but they didn't have the firmware upgrade disc and have been unable to get a copy through PCNA.

So, does anyone have a set of 2001.1 disc's that they would be willing to part with or copy for me?

Here is the information from my PCM:

PCM SOFTWARE:

PCM/IDIS V5.44

NAVIGATION SOFTWARE:

VER.POIE612C

DATABASE:

dca1/18602621

The disc I have that reads and boots is a 2001-1

Thanks,

Dan

My 2001 Boxster S I purchased last year only had Disc 1 (California and Nevada). I called NavTeq and was able to purchase Disc 2 for the Northwest and Mountain States. That was last July. I could have purchased the entire USA (actually a better deal) but I didn't see the need. They told me the updates were no longer being done. Honestly a Tom Tom or Garmin is better, but that doesn't make the Nav system in the car work! The disc cost $149.00. I got it, copied it, and use the copy in the car and keep the original on the book case. Works perfectly.

Try this is case it is different than what you had:

"If you have any questions please call us Toll-Free at 888-628-6277 or e-mail us at NABC_English@navteq.com This is an outbound message only - you cannot reply to it. Please call our customer call center at 888-NAV-MAPS (888-628-6277) if there is anything else we can help you with."

Also, its NAVTEQ, not navtech just to make certain you end up in the correct spot.

Cheers and keep me posted,

Dan

Thanks for the reply Navtech and Navteq are one in the same. They changed their name from Navigation Technologies (Navtech) to Navteq when they went public in 2004. For the trivia buffs, they are now owned by Nokia. The buyout by Nokia closed last fall and that seems to be when they stopped helping Porsche owners all together.

• 2 years later...

I also need some help here. Santa brought me a California Millennium and it came with the California CD. I live in Connecticut. Does anyone have a disc for the Northeast? Please email me if you can help. Thank you!

They stopped updating these years ago, so even if you find some discs they will be way out of date. I bought a Garmin a few years ago but I hav even stopped using that ($80+ a year for updates). I use my smart phone that has navigation, voice etc. and updates constantly and is free (except for the phone).