Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Slight stumble at idle, thoughts

Alright, 2000 C2 tip with 110 k miles on it. Daily driver runs very well. Pulling up to a stoplight idle is fine for first ~20 seconds. Then there is a slight stumble, maybe 200 RPM. Comes back smooth for about 10 seconds, then stumble, then recover. Never goes below 600 on the Tach. I have read the posts about cleaning the throttle body. Done that twice, no difference. Attempted to clean down past the TB because I could see a little gunk in the runners. Also cleaned MAF more than one time, no improvement. No codes at all. Has thrown codes but they were fixed and not related. Any other thoughts on this. Car has always done this since I had it (got it with 70k). Have changed plugs, fuel filter about 85k, no difference. I have a durametric scanner but seems like when I feel like running tests I get an error message and it shuts down. New O2 sensors about 10k miles ago.

Thoughts on what else to do? Not a big issue but I sure don't want to lead to a stall at a stoplight.

Well, I have cleaned the throttle body multiple times. Last time, about 3000 miles ago, it looked essentially spotless. No dirt on the rag. I have used Techron and other cleaners, no difference there. When I replaced the plugs I changed out the connectors from the coil packs to the plugs. I don't recall looking very closely at the coil packs though. I wonder if there is a way to test those?

• Admin
Well, I have cleaned the throttle body multiple times. Last time, about 3000 miles ago, it looked essentially spotless. No dirt on the rag. I have used Techron and other cleaners, no difference there. When I replaced the plugs I changed out the connectors from the coil packs to the plugs. I don't recall looking very closely at the coil packs though. I wonder if there is a way to test those?

If you had a coil pack problem you would have misfires and a a CEL.

Time to look more closely at the possibility of air leaks.

Alright, 2000 C2 tip with 110 k miles on it. Daily driver runs very well. Pulling up to a stoplight idle is fine for first ~20 seconds. Then there is a slight stumble, maybe 200 RPM. Comes back smooth for about 10 seconds, then stumble, then recover. Never goes below 600 on the Tach. I have read the posts about cleaning the throttle body. Done that twice, no difference. Attempted to clean down past the TB because I could see a little gunk in the runners. Also cleaned MAF more than one time, no improvement. No codes at all. Has thrown codes but they were fixed and not related. Any other thoughts on this. Car has always done this since I had it (got it with 70k). Have changed plugs, fuel filter about 85k, no difference. I have a durametric scanner but seems like when I feel like running tests I get an error message and it shuts down. New O2 sensors about 10k miles ago.

Thoughts on what else to do? Not a big issue but I sure don't want to lead to a stall at a stoplight.

How long has this been happening? And when was the last time you filled up with gas?

-td