Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi, I bought a pair of 996 sport seats with silver painted back.

I currently have full power seats w/ memory, and the sport ones are electric on just the back, not the lower part.

Do I need different harness? will the memo function still work??

thanks

It should be plug and play. Depending on the year of the seats and your model year, you may have to move a pin or two to a different hole in your harness.

No, the Memory function will not work after you swap seats if the (if there is no memory module under he sport seat. I lost mine when I swapped sport seats in to my MY 99 from an 04 GT3.

There is a DIY on this sight that is very helpful.

No. Unfortunately, there is no link as you will know if your seat doesn't work when you first try it out after installation. If that happens the power wire is just in the wrong pin position in your harness. All you have to do is remove the pin and move it to the location where the power wire is on the seat side of the harness. There is a special tool that makes this very easy. Don't forget to remove the pin lock (a small plastic retainer that prevents the pins from backing out) before you try to remove the pin.

What year is your car? What year car did the seats come from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm trying to swap out a pair of standard 996 seats for a pair of full power with memory seats. When I checked the connector on the new driver's side seat, it didn't have the power pins in the connector. Do you know where I can find/buy one of these connectors. I believe one end probably plugs into the memory control box while the pin end plugs into the back of the connector that attaches to the car. If anyone can post a picture of the cable connection to the seat control box, I would greatly appreciate it.

There is a module connected to my driver seat, not just a plug like passenger side,

how do I remove it from seat and new seat doesn't seem to have a bracket to reattach the module??

Its not the one on the car floor, but another one attached to seat.

never mind, its the memo seats module.

Ok now, I realized that I have to move a pin,

but which one? on the car's harness plug, there is 2 pins connected and they are linked to each other (2 brown wires),

and on the seat plug there is red and brown.

I moved a pin on car's plug to align it for the red in seat plug, but didn't work.

any ideas?

still couldn't make it work... :cursing:

On the car's connector, there is one brown wire and another that is hooked up to it.

If I go with the color it seems to be ground wire/pin in the connector.

How do I find power wire for the seat?

• Admin
still couldn't make it work... :cursing:

On the car's connector, there is one brown wire and another that is hooked up to it.

If I go with the color it seems to be ground wire/pin in the connector.

How do I find power wire for the seat?

Sorry, Porsche car harnesses are custom made for each car - so if your car did not have power seats to start with then wires simply are not there.

Changing a full car harness is not something you want to do - if you do plan on 2-4 days (8-10 hours per day).