Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Part Numbers for MO30

Does the kit include the stabilizer mounts?

Should I be looking for these numbers in the kit?

996.343.792.12 and 996.333.792.25

THanks in advance

Peter

geeez Loren - I think I am in trouble.  I purchased the ROW M030 "complete" suspension kit from a company in the UK(not Carnewal) and I have a feeling I am not "complete" or even correct :(
Front shocks - 996.343.041.18 are for a MY02. Although the parts list says they can be replaced with 996 343 041 21 (for MY03).

Front springs - 996.343.531.19 is correct. They should be marked Green and White.

Rear shocks - 996.333.051.22 are for a MY02 (again). Although the parts list says they can be replaced with 996 343 051 26 (for MY03).

Rear springs - 996.333.531.26 is correct. They should be marked Green and White.

Stabilizer - 996.343.701.04 and 996.333.701.19 (replaces 996 333 701 17) are correct.

996.343.792.12 and 996.333.792.25 are new stabilizer mounts since your new bars are likely larger in diameter.

Bump stops and compensation plates can be reused as they are the same. The kits vary so I've seen some with and some without.

So the only thing I see in question is the shocks. I do not know the difference between the MY02 and MY03 shocks. Perhaps it is just the manufacturer since the parts list says you can use the newer ones on an older car.

• Admin
I'm trying to order from sunset as well 

Loren, can you verify that the part number they gave me at sunset is in fact for my 03 6sp coupe.

000 044 500 27

The kit comes with all that you guys have mentioned right?  I have the cheapy oem std suspension now.. 

thanks in advance

I don't have a listing of what is in that Tequipment list. If it is the same (or newer numbers) as the one posted here you are likely okay.

There goes my final excuse :)

Thanks!

Slightly off topic, but related. I've seen a couple DIY instructions for suspension R&R on the various sites. Is there an "official" manual you'd recommend for someone doing the job themselves? I'd like to make sure I get the torques right, etc. Also, I'd like something more detailed than "remove the rear carpeting".

You might want to PM "Chads996" (I know he is on rennlist all the time) b/c he just posted a thread about the install he did himself. He did everything except the alignment.

Edited by LVDell

• 4 weeks later...

Loren,

I just received my RoW M030 from Sunset. All the part numbers check out with those listed above, except for the rear springs. I have a 2000 C4 Cab 6-Speed, the rear springs are p/n 996 333 531 12 marked Red/Green. From the posts above, it appears red/green is for a C2 cab, while brown/red is for a C4 cab.

Did I get the wrong rear springs? What are the differences between springs marked red/green vs. brown/red?

Also, the front shocks (996 343 043 13) were marked lilac and the rear shocks (996 333 051 13) were marked green. What is the significance of those markings?

Thanks.

• Admin

996 333 531 12 is the correct rear spring for a RoW M030 MY00 C4 Cab with specific VIN numbers. Chances are that the folks at Sunset ordered by your VIN - so they should be correct.

Front shock marking:

White means Standard Running gear RoW/US

Green means Sport-type running gear RoW/US

Rear shock marking:

Brown means Standard Running gear RoW/US

Green means Sport-type running gear RoW

Grey means Sport-type running gear US

• Admin

996 333 531 12 is the correct rear spring for a RoW M030 MY00 C4 Cab with specific VIN numbers. Chances are that the folks at Sunset ordered by your VIN - so they should be correct.

Front shock marking:

Rear shock marking:

• Admin

Front shock marking:

Rear shock marking:

• 3 years later...

@loren

please advice if 996.343.531.19 is the corect part no for 996 c2 my 02 row m030 front sport springs.

i am confused since tequipment list that 996.343.531.11 is the corect one

also do you have any ideea if porsche offer the x74 front springs as individual parts?if so,they will fit in the strut standard assembly?

thank's in advance

Edited by ahamay

• Admin
@loren

please advice if 996.343.531.19 is the corect part no for 996 c2 my 02 row m030 front sport springs.

also do you have any ideea if porsche offer the x74 front springs as individual parts?if so,they will fit in the strut standard assembly?

thank's in advance

996.343.531.19 is the correct spring for a MY02- RoW M030 Coupe.

996.343.531.11 is for MY01 and older.

Yes, you can buy the X74 parts separately - but the cost would likely be higher.

For X74 the springs, shocks, upper support, and bump stop all change.

@loren

thank's in advance

996.343.531.19 is the correct spring for a MY02- RoW M030 Coupe.

996.343.531.11 is for MY01 and older.

Yes, you can buy the X74 parts separately - but the cost would likely be higher.

For X74 the springs, shocks, upper support, and bump stop all change.

i went with row m030with i founded to be less harsh and more friendlly for bumpers and daily driving generally

row m030 installed today.

Gert and Maureen from Carnewal do theire job simplly perfect

however i have achieved around 25 mm instantlly and i guess is more to come after a few hundred miles.i persoanlly like it but is this normally?

quite of "low" for the white-green setup

standard was brown-blue