Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just got my '99 996 C4 back after I had the front bumper replaced with a turbo bumper from www.nrauto.com. Does the temp seem to be running a little hot? - I am driving around in regular traffic in cool Michigan weather.

post-2-1092439531_thumb.jpg

Loren, you are probably right on the 3rd radiator for me. It has been 115 this past week and I am sure for the next couple weeks. My only thought is thatwe are moving back to DC next year and probably wouldn't need the 3rd rad.

• Admin
did you add the 3rd radiator yourself?

If you are asking mdillian3690, then likely not. Tiptronic cars come with a 3rd radiator that is plumbed to the transmission for cooling not the engine.

If you want to see how to install it click on the link at the top of the forum for Loren's DIY pages and choose 3rd Radiator Install.

• Admin
Loren, Thanks for the education on the 3rd radiator.  I was wondering my temp runs in the range that it does with 3 radiators. 

my996, hey what do you have your tire pressures set at?  I have 17inch tires?  Just curious!

I am running 18" wheels and the pressure for them is different.

The factory recommends 36 front and 36 rear for 17" wheels.

I've found that different tires and driver "style" preferences make it very hard to post the best tire pressures. My advice is to try some small adjustments and see which suits your driving style and tires. I would not go below 32 PSI or above 40 PSI on 17" wheels.

18" wheels are a different story...