Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can Anyone Recommend a GOOD aftermarket body kit

I am looking to add a body kit and rear spoiler to my 2001 C4 Cabriolet. I don't really want to pay the OEM prices but I also want good fittment without a lot of modification.

Can anyone help me out here?

I went through this a while back myself. The conclusions I came to are that the only body kits that have good fitment cost as much or more than OEM. If you look hard you can find some deals on the OEM aerokits. I wound up buying the Carrera Aerokit for the cab that included front spoiler, rear spoiler, side skirts and rear GT tabs. I found the kit on sale for around $2,700 (less shipping which I think was around $400). I have not gotten around to install yet, but got a quote from the body shop that does the local dealers work including paint and install for $2,000.

I figured that even if OEM is slightly more expensive, resell will be higher and you are dealing with a kit that Porsche has balanced.

Hope this helps.

I am looking to add a body kit and rear spoiler to my 2001 C4 Cabriolet. I don't really want to pay the OEM prices but I also want good fittment without a lot of modification.

I went through this a while back myself. The conclusions I came to are that the only body kits that have good fitment cost as much or more than OEM. If you look hard you can find some deals on the OEM aerokits. I wound up buying the Carrera Aerokit for the cab that included front spoiler, rear spoiler, side skirts and rear GT tabs. I found the kit on sale for around $2,700 (less shipping which I think was around $400). I have not gotten around to install yet, but got a quote from the body shop that does the local dealers work including paint and install for $2,000.

I figured that even if OEM is slightly more expensive, resell will be higher and you are dealing with a kit that Porsche has balanced.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Where did you find a complete Aero for that price?

Hope this helps.

That's great advice. For the narrowbody 911s, there aren't too many good, complete options... actually there is ONE good option in the aftermarket (Ruf) so if I had one, I'd def go all OEM aero. It's simply the best look. AsianImage has a great looking MK1 996 cab lowered on some Champion 19" wheels.

For the MK2 narrowbody, I'd spring for the Cargraphic front lip, OEM GT3 side and rear spoilers. Super sweet aesthetic. Techart has some front pieces as well, but their kit just doesn't look right on the narrows. OEM is that much better for similar prices.

Asking for a nicely fitting, good quality aftermarket aerokit for less than OEM prices is like asking for a super sticky street tire that lasts long and is mid to low tier pricing. It just doesn't exist. You get one or the other. You pay to play.

Edited by Benjamin Choi

Check out NR Automotive. I had their aero kit on my 99 C2 and it looked excellent. It was a front spoiler lip, side skirts, rear bumper, GT tabs and rear wing. They are not inexpensive but the fitment and quality is excellent. All on the parts on my car were polyeurethane not fiberglass (except for the wing.)

As far as re sale goes you are not going to see a penny out back of adding a body kit (OEM or not.) You have to know that you are going to eat that money just like any other mod.

You might sell the car faster than stock but you wont get more for it. Look at used P cars and see what I mean.

Some purist I guess must have Porsche plastic rather than some elses plastic (fine if you have no budget issues.)

But if you can get the Porsche kit as cheap as whs got his that is definetly the way to go! That was a screaming deal..

The most critical element is who does the prep and paint. A bad body shop can make the most expensive body kit look like crap.

Just my opinion..

Check out NR Automotive. I had their aero kit on my 99 C2 and it looked excellent. It was a front spoiler lip, side skirts, rear bumper, GT tabs and rear wing. They are not inexpensive but the fitment and quality is excellent. All on the parts on my car were polyeurethane not fiberglass (except for the wing.)

As far as re sale goes you are not going to see a penny out back of adding a body kit (OEM or not.) You have to know that you are going to eat that money just like any other mod.

You might sell the car faster than stock but you wont get more for it. Look at used P cars and see what I mean.

Some purist I guess must have Porsche plastic rather than some elses plastic (fine if you have no budget issues.)

But if you can get the Porsche kit as cheap as whs got his that is definetly the way to go! That was a screaming deal..

The most critical element is who does the prep and paint. A bad body shop can make the most expensive body kit look like crap.

Just my opinion..

I'll check it out...thanks

i have a Strosek on my C2 cab. i've had the car a couple years with no quality issues to speak of. the original owner had it installed by the dealer for around $6k complete. i bought the car used, but talked to the dealer who did the install during the inspection. i get a lot of positive comments on the body kit. however, it could stand to be lowered (what car can't use a little lowering?) the nose piece tapers up so it give the impression of riding high in the front.

post-18387-1239831314_thumb.jpg

post-18387-1239831323_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Where did you find a complete Aero for that price?

I'll see if I can get the info on where I got it. I had all of my sites and info on my old work computer that died! It was a deal where the place had one that they had ordered for a customer that fell through. It was a place that I don't think carries a lot of inventory and really wanted to get rid of a big price tag item. Call it right place right time. That being said, I found several at near that price while I was looking. I'll post back if I can find the info. The kit is at the body shop to prevent damage, so I can't look on the cartons.

Will

i have a Strosek on my C2 cab. i've had the car a couple years with no quality issues to speak of. the original owner had it installed by the dealer for around $6k complete. i bought the car used, but talked to the dealer who did the install during the inspection. i get a lot of positive comments on the body kit. however, it could stand to be lowered (what car can't use a little lowering?) the nose piece tapers up so it give the impression of riding high in the front.

That really looks good. Do you know if the body ship had to do a lot to get it to fit?

Wow Wayde!

Your cab is sweet! I like the kit a lot. Very nice! :clapping: