Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

cargraphic muffler and vibration

hello. 986 my 2004. i just replaced my muffler with the cargraphic one for boxster 2.7/3.2, and noticed vibration in the steering wheel and even in the doors at idle and when i just touch the throttle to start moving. once moving, no vibration and just nice deep sporty sound from the new exhaust. is this vibration normal? can i somehow get rid of it or does it come with the sport exhaust as a bonus? thanks

hello. 986 my 2004. i just replaced my muffler with the cargraphic one for boxster 2.7/3.2, and noticed vibration in the steering wheel and even in the doors at idle and when i just touch the throttle to start moving. once moving, no vibration and just nice deep sporty sound from the new exhaust. is this vibration normal? can i somehow get rid of it or does it come with the sport exhaust as a bonus? thanks

probably resonance from the muffler giving it the vibes..

Is your car a Tiptronic? If so the mufflers need to have a flex joint, or corrugated section in them. Others have found if they put a straight connect muffler on a Tip then vibration comes into the car when in gear at idle. Goes away once under way.

yes. it is a tiptronic. so i guess it is not a big deal. what is a flex joint? if its inside the muffler, then nothing i can do about it. i can only feel the vibration when i am in gear in idle and when i just step on the accelerator a bit, thats when it comes out very noticable. once under way it is gone.

Is your car a Tiptronic? If so the mufflers need to have a flex joint, or corrugated section in them. Others have found if they put a straight connect muffler on a Tip then vibration comes into the car when in gear at idle. Goes away once under way.

yes. it is a tiptronic. so i guess it is not a big deal. what is a flex joint? if its inside the muffler, then nothing i can do about it. i can only feel the vibration when i am in gear in idle and when i just step on the accelerator a bit, thats when it comes out very noticable. once under way it is gone.

It should look like this with the accordion on the incoming side.

post-20662-1242060267_thumb.jpg

got it. thanks. mine is a direct one to one replacement of the stock muffler. same straight pipes like on the stock muffler. same fitting etc. cargraphic has plenty of photos of the boxster sports muffler on their site. none seems to be offered with flex joints.