Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

So...

In my quest for a lightly used 911 I started out looking at 996 Targas and coupes. Saw a few I liked, drove some more, but then one day saw a cheap 997 C2, so I started including 997s in my search. Then I found a C2S not far off from me and said to myself, "let's drive it for fun." Big mistake. :)

One drive and I was spoiled on anything else. So much car, and such a different animal from my 986S. The 996s didn't feel like a significant upgrade over my Boxster; this does.

I am thankful my wife indulges me. Of course, buying her a Boxster a year ago helped matters. :D

Here she is, only 10k mi and that new Porsche smell. Slate grey, adaptive seats, nav, some other goodies.

dsc03575b.jpg

dsc03578f.jpg

dsc03583xzb.jpg

dsc03584l.jpg

dsc03576g.jpg

And a little something extra, turns out the previous owner had a NAV-TV Sirius unit installed. I don't do Sirius but I imagine some of you do, so if anyone's interested in buying it PM me. I'm looking to buy an iPod unit to replace it.

Thanks for looking! :renntech:

Mark

Edited by number9ine

Congrats on your purchase.

:cheers:

I have 05 997S as well w/ close to 17K miles. Your 10K mile car must have sat in the garage a great deal of the time. The more you drive it the more you'll enjoy it.

I suspect you've already had a Porsche dealer go through the recalls/updates against your VIN. There were a couple of 'mandatory' recalls so if it hasn't been done I suggest doing it. Won't cost you anything.

As far as an IPOD is concerned I can recommend the Dension 500. Pretty simple install and it works flawlessly. Check out pricing w/ Eric at Bumperplugs.com. He supplies a great deal of Dension units to the Porsche community.

BTW: I love Slate Gray. My old Boxster S was Slate and it was a stand out. Although dark, it doesn't require the maintenance that black does.

:renntech:

Congrats on your purchase.

:cheers:

I have 05 997S as well w/ close to 17K miles. Your 10K mile car must have sat in the garage a great deal of the time. The more you drive it the more you'll enjoy it.

I suspect you've already had a Porsche dealer go through the recalls/updates against your VIN. There were a couple of 'mandatory' recalls so if it hasn't been done I suggest doing it. Won't cost you anything.

As far as an IPOD is concerned I can recommend the Dension 500. Pretty simple install and it works flawlessly. Check out pricing w/ Eric at Bumperplugs.com. He supplies a great deal of Dension units to the Porsche community.

BTW: I love Slate Gray. My old Boxster S was Slate and it was a stand out. Although dark, it doesn't require the maintenance that black does.

:renntech:

Had a PPI, everything checked out. No recalls. And yes, the last owner missed out on some serious driving time. I plan on driving those miles for them! According to the order guide (thanks Renntech), Slate Grey is a $3070 option. :o I'm not sure I'd have ponied up for it new, but I sure do love it used.

I hear the Dension is great, just need to sell the NAV-TV first if there are any takers. Putting up an ad in the FS section now.

M.

Bella machina! And don't be afraid to drive it HARD! They last longer that way. Cheers!

Oh, I'm never afraid of driving hard... ;)

Thanks for the comments so far!

By the way, I've got just north of 32,000 miles on mine and so far, I've left no engine parts on the freeway. I will however, be changing the oil and filter at 5000 mi intervals max per various posts in Renntech's forums.