Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anyone found an elegant solution for CD storage in a Boxster? Visor CD holders on a convertible basically scream "take me." It's awkward to put them in the door storage, plus slamming the door can knock CDs out of the case. I'd rather put other things in the little cubby under the head unit. The storage behind the seats and over the engine is awkward.

I have a few ideas, such as attaching a storage net on the side of the passenger footwell... Is there anything better?

It is easy to integrate an iPOD and the topic has been covered extensively here....I would recommend you take the same approach. I was carrying two cases of CD's in the storage behind the seats until I decided to integrate my iPOD into the unit. I am CD free for the last two years now. :)

Just a thought.

You mean besides the built-in high-g CD holder some models years have? It can only hold 4 CDs, but does so very nicely.

I just went and bought an MP3 player with built-in FM transmitter. It plugs right into the cigarette lighter and has a nice little LCD screen- looks great, and works well.

You mean besides the built-in high-g CD holder some models years have? It can only hold 4 CDs, but does so very nicely.

I just went and bought an MP3 player with built-in FM transmitter. It plugs right into the cigarette lighter and has a nice little LCD screen- looks great, and works well.

Does your car have the storage compartment behind seats between rollbar? Or do you have a subwoofer there?

Does your car have the storage compartment behind seats between rollbar? Or do you have a subwoofer there?

how about a net between the seats above the center console storage but along the engine wall?

Also how about under the steering wheel where the manual holder is.

I installed cup holders along what would be the transmission well just in front of each seat -- you could

find/create something there as well.

m

I have an AVIC D-3 with iPod integretion. I converted all my CD's to my iPod and placed my iPod in the lockable armrest storage in the center console. I have the 4 CD holder above AC controls (on bottom) to hold GPS Dvd and extra CD's when playing directly from a CD.

It really is hard to beat an iPod when it comes to music storage. If you have a CR/CDR-220 head unit PM me about connectivity options for an iPod. In my case I have a black 60GB iPod devoted to use in my Boxster. Since it is black it is hard to notice sitting in the cubby holders of my console. When I park is more risky locations I unplug the iPod and toss it into the elbow-rest glove box along with any other visually tempting valuables that a thief might want. Buy a previous generation iPod Classic (the ones with lots of storage space) and devote it to your "driving experience."

-J

I recently installed a Pioneer unit in my car that has a dedicated ipod cable in back which allows my 80GB iPod to stay locked in the center console . It also has a USB port on the face which allows me to use a USB flash drive (8GB) also. I love my music, and don't see the need for cd's much anymore.

I was using a small soft zippered CD case that was designed to hold about 6 CDs (without their jewel cases). I stored it in the driver's door pocket. It worked pretty well and you could even get about 12 CDs in it. Now I went with an Alpine Digital Media Player head unit in the dash and an amp in the front trunk so I don't have CD playing capability anymore just USB thumb drive or iPod, which pretty much allows me to have my entire music collection in the car and the head unit works like an iPod.

I have a BOSE subwoofer there. I do have a glovebox in my car, though (04), which helps offset it. MP3 player is the real solution to this, though; CDs are simply obsolete, and have been for about a decade now. Porsche unfortunately is way behind the curve on this one.