Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

X51 throttle body vs. non X51 throttle body

I am pretty sure the bolt patterns line up on 997S but not normal 997's.

You should read the lengthy discussion here.

Thanks Loren..I was involved with that discussion. However it never was fully understood why the X51 throttle body was incompatible. If it's just the opening is larger than that can be changed. I was hoping one of the techs who are ont his site and maybe installed a X51package what is the difference.

Dave,

If you read the link that Loren gave you I think all of your questions will be answered. It talks about intake manifolds, Plenums and a custom machining option to make the X 51 TB fit.

Oh sorry I see you were in that thread already.. My apologies

Edited by phillipj

Dave,

If you read the link that Loren gave you I think all of your questions will be answered. It talks about intake manifolds, Plenums and a custom machining option to make the X 51 TB fit.

Yea Wanyne mentioned machining, but machining what. A new bolt pattern, larger throttle area (this is a given). RSS wants $300 to machine a plenum. That's kind of outlandish. Maybe I can do it myself.

Dave

Dave,

Yea Wanyne mentioned machining, but machining what. A new bolt pattern, larger throttle area (this is a given). RSS wants $300 to machine a plenum. That's kind of outlandish. Maybe I can do it myself.

Dave

Dave,

I think they would have to machine one of their plenum's. Not only for the four ne mounting holes but the opening is 4-6MM bigger too.

The stock Plastic Plenum would not work.

David

Dave,

Dave

Dave,

I think they would have to machine one of their plenum's. Not only for the four ne mounting holes but the opening is 4-6MM bigger too.

David

OOPS!! checked the other thread you knew all that. I should have known better I have seen many of your posts before. I think we have even exchanged e-mails.

Edited by dndodd

Dave,

Dave

Dave,

David

Thanks Dave,

I knew the OEM plastic plenum wouldn't work, but just how much work would it be to machine the RSS piece. I may drive down to RSS as Greg says he has a 997 X51 throttle body there so I can see.

Dave

Dave,

Dave

Dave,

Let me know the results.

ddodd100@charter.net

David

Thanks Dave,

I knew the OEM plastic plenum wouldn't work, but just how much work would it be to machine the RSS piece. I may drive down to RSS as Greg says he has a 997 X51 throttle body there so I can see.

Dave