Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Found her: 01 996tt

Finally found her! Took about a year. Looked at 993 C4S's and 996tt's but fell in love with this beast (color & condition did it) in my avatar.

She's a unique color for a tt, Forest Green Metallic, 32K miles & change when I bought her, 2 weeks later we are at 32,900. Has a bunch of OEM goodies and aftermarket additions.

OEM: MFG exclusive program, HS (left & rt), Lumbar support (l&R), self dimming int. rvm, dimming heated ext. mirror, digital sound, rmt. CD, alum./leather shift knob & brake handle, park assist, nav., & no sunroof. A couple codes I can't find: 652, 00501. Anyone know what they mean? One has to be the sunroof delete.

Aftermarket: 19" wheels, (prev. owner couldn't remember brand and I haven't pulled the wheels + I have the stock wheels & tires) wrapped in Toyo T1R's, GIAC stage 1 ECU tune, EVO DV's, EVO headers, Remus exhaust and K&N filter.

Questions: She'll need Rotors & Pads. I'll take her to a track day now & then but she's going to be my garage queen/weekend crusier. Stay with OEM rotors & pads or upgrade to the Pagid pads (which ones) and another brand of rotor?

Want to do coilovers but uncertain about JIC/Cross (MCS has them but I track this car) or PSS 10's?

Thinking about changing Nav/Stereo. A friend put a Kenwood DNX 7100 in his 01 tt (very clean install) but not sure I want to go to the expense when the engine sounds so sweet. (Need bluetooth and would like iPod connection)

Have much to learn. My last P-car was in 1987 a 944 Turbo (951). Sure wish I would have kept it! (We all say that!)

Cheers!

Your build date is on the drivers door sticker.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...st&p=121312

Your factory options do not list option 501 (or 00501).

Very odd. The sticker under the boot shows the following codes and the previous owner had a Porsche Option Decoder listing the same codes. They are: 09991, 139, 265, 266, 340, 498, 513, 586, 680, 692, C02, X97, X98, 059, 635, 652, 662, 00501.

The 00501 appear on the last line of the options list under the boot followed by the 09991 code.

The only ones I couldn't find descriptions for were the 652 but someone said this is sunroof delete (car has Turbo script on rear deck) and the 00501. The 059 code is uncertain on the decoder information says: Possibly means bumpers with impact absorbers, factory delete.

Would appreciate knowing what codes you found using your source.

Cheers!

Edited by Iwantanotherpcar

• Admin

Very odd. The sticker under the boot shows the following codes and the previous owner had a Porsche Option Decoder listing the same codes. They are: 09991, 139, 265, 266, 340, 498, 513, 586, 680, 692, C02, X97, X98, 059, 635, 652, 662, 00501.

The 00501 appear on the last line of the options list under the boot followed by the 09991 code.

The only ones I couldn't find descriptions for were the 652 but someone said this is sunroof delete (car has Turbo script on rear deck) and the 00501. The 059 code is uncertain on the decoder information says: Possibly means bumpers with impact absorbers, factory delete.

Cheers!

Since this is a special request inquiry that we use an outside resource for we have decided to only do it for our Contributing Members.

I'm sure you understand that if we didn't restrict this in some way we could end up running thousands of VINs for people that may or may not even own cars (potential purchases etc.). And, then it would be very likely that our resource would get over taxed and decide not to help us anymore.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers!

Since this is a special request inquiry that we use an outside resource for we have decided to only do it for our Contributing Members.

I'm sure you understand that if we didn't restrict this in some way we could end up running thousands of VINs for people that may or may not even own cars (potential purchases etc.). And, then it would be very likely that our resource would get over taxed and decide not to help us anymore.

Thanks for understanding.

No worries, Loren. Hope to be able to contribute to this forum at some point.

Believe I have most of the information on the cars codes but more importantly, I love the car.

Have much to learn about this vehicle and the forum is proving to be a great resource.

Cheers!