Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tool needed.. radiator pressure leak test..

Hi Fellows,

Anyone here know of a tool to pressurize the cooling system of the 996s. I have a Stant pressure checker, but do not have a the adapter for the 996s. They do list an adapter in their website, but when I inquired about it they said that it is not for the 996. On there description it show fitment up to 1998 Porsches. I thought the Boxster uses the same radiator caps as the 996s???

The thread of their adapter measures.... M 48 x 3..... Will this fit our 996?

http://www.stant.com/brochure.cfm?brochure...location_id=183

Thanks.

996 and boxster have the same cap and the same pressure tester adapter. I do not know the stant number but the "AST" number is FZ 22. The end that connects to the tool is univeral to all testers so you should be able to use an adapter from any vendor.

Hi Fellows,

Anyone here know of a tool to pressurize the cooling system of the 996s. I have a Stant pressure checker, but do not have a the adapter for the 996s. They do list an adapter in their website, but when I inquired about it they said that it is not for the 996. On there description it show fitment up to 1998 Porsches. I thought the Boxster uses the same radiator caps as the 996s???

The thread of their adapter measures.... M 48 x 3..... Will this fit our 996?

http://www.stant.com/brochure.cfm?brochure...location_id=183

Thanks.

You can also get a ULift Tool, made by UView, for about $100. That will not only allow you to pressure test but also to fill your system without any air pockets.

Here is a recent thread that discussed the tool: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26501

Regards, Maurice.

996 and boxster have the same cap and the same pressure tester adapter. I do not know the stant number but the "AST" number is FZ 22. The end that connects to the tool is univeral to all testers so you should be able to use an adapter from any vendor.

Great! I searched for that tool and they only sell it as a kit. You know any places that

sells that by itself? Also, do you know if that adapter will fit the stant pressure tool?

Uview tool. Great tool but I need a tool that will pressurize the cooling system.

Thanks

Great! I searched for that tool and they only sell it as a kit. You know any places that

sells that by itself? Also, do you know if that adapter will fit the stant pressure tool?

Uview tool. Great tool but I need a tool that will pressurize the cooling system.

Thanks

The Uview tool will pressurize the cooling system, but you must have a compressor hooked up to it to do so.

The kit costs about $100. If, as "svansyoc" says, you can use an adapter from any vendor, then the Uview tool will work. It comes with an assortment of adapters, two of which will fit a Boxster or 911 coolant reservoir orifice.

Regards, Maurice.

These are two different tools, I doubt that the adapter for a radiator pressure tester and an air uplift cooling fill system would be compatable(mine are different). As for the AST adapter I picked mine up from one of the tool men that visit our shop. I would see if you could locate a local dealer for snap-on, mac, matco, or cornwell tool man, usually they will be glad to sell you a tool. On a side note when using a vacuum based fill system as much of the coolant as possible must be drained from system in order for them to fill properly and they can be used to see if a leak exists by evacuating and watching for pressure loss but it is difficult to find a leak without putting positive pressure on the system.

Thanks all! I just ordered the FZ22 online for <$30.00. I wasn't aware that the Uview pressurizes the system. I though they were more of a vacuum type. I needed a tool that pressurizes the system.

Thanks all! I just ordered the FZ22 online for <$30.00. I wasn't aware that the Uview pressurizes the system. I though they were more of a vacuum type. I needed a tool that pressurizes the system.

Sorry, I hadn't specified that it's negative pressure so as to create a vacuum and draw in the coolant.

Using the adapter with a compressor would also allow you to put positive pressure on the system as well, I imagine.

Let us know how you make out.

Regards, Maurice.

Hi Guys....

Regarding the Uview tool.... does that allow you to suck out all the coolant out of the 996s system? If not, does anyone have a diagram of all the drain points of the car. I'm aware of the the enginedrain bolt and a few hoses in the rear... Basically, does the uview tool suck out all the coolant which will be easier and less chances of breaking hoses and clamps....possibly causing a leak afterwards?

Thanks