Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

System Error on my Navigation

I just picked up a 2006 Cayenne S from a wholesaler today. It was a lease return and I got a good price on it. I was dissapointed however when I started the Cayenne and I received System Error: Navigation is unavailable on my PCM. I looked through my manuals and quickly found my Nav DVD and went to insert into the Nav DVD deck under the passenger seat. I tried to insert the DVD but the unit will not accept it, almost as if the power was off.

Now I could be making a simple mistake here or missing something obvious, but does anybody have input or experience with this? Thanks!

Well I did hear that Nav was an option on the 2.1 system but I never came across one before. That error is quite specific, if it had failed I would expect another type of error.

RFM / LOREN any ideas ?

I just picked up a 2006 Cayenne S from a wholesaler today. It was a lease return and I got a good price on it. I was dissapointed however when I started the Cayenne and I received System Error: Navigation is unavailable on my PCM. I looked through my manuals and quickly found my Nav DVD and went to insert into the Nav DVD deck under the passenger seat. I tried to insert the DVD but the unit will not accept it, almost as if the power was off.

Now I could be making a simple mistake here or missing something obvious, but does anybody have input or experience with this? Thanks!

I looked through my manuals and quickly found my Nav DVD and went to insert into the Nav DVD deck under the passenger seat. I tried to insert the DVD but the unit will not accept it, almost as if the power was off.

Just outta curiosity, did you make sure there is no DVD disk already inside of the unit? (although I have a feeling that you probably have done this already)

or have you tried this? master reset

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...hl=master+reset

Good luck!

I looked through my manuals and quickly found my Nav DVD and went to insert into the Nav DVD deck under the passenger seat. I tried to insert the DVD but the unit will not accept it, almost as if the power was off.

Just outta curiosity, did you make sure there is no DVD disk already inside of the unit? (although I have a feeling that you probably have done this already)

or have you tried this? master reset

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?s...hl=master+reset

Good luck!

Thanks Mudman and PCST, I did push the eject button on numerous occasions but to no avail. My guess now is that i may have an issue with the DVD player because its non responsive. I will try the master reset and get back to you. Appreciate the input. Glad there is a good resource of knowledge. Thanks again!

Have 06 CS titanium edition. Just last week I had the same error on my system - Nav error, both amp and nav unavailable. I turned the amp off and on several times - sometimes with longer wait periods, upto about 3 minutes and still came back with the same error. Tried turning ignition off and then back on - no change. Parked my unit for the night - next day worked fine. Have not had the error since. Also should mention that I had never experienced this issue before. I will update if it happens again. It is still under warranty and I will get it looked at right away. Its not a lot of fun sitting in traffic in silence.

Edited by tdemo1

So I finally took my Cayenne S to the dealer and as soon as I told them what happened a tech ran out to my car and within 2 minutes did and electrical reset and I was good to go! Apparently during transport, the Nav can go off line, for whatever reason. The nice thing is the dealer then washed and vacuumed out my car for me and I walked out without spending a dime.