Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

05 997 C2S, Good deal, bad deal?

Folks,

I am getting back into 911's (yeah baby). And about to purchase a 05 997 C2S coupe. Fully loaded, Navi, Bose, Sport Chorno, 6 Speed. with 21K miles on it and solid mint condition. Local car. Upon inspection by a local Porsche dealer they found the RMS leak, which is being fixed under the extended warranty that the seller has. 3/36....till end of 2011 or 56K miles.

paying 44.5K for it.

From my research it sounds like a good deal and we have a deal. Wanted to put it out there to reaffirm. Also anything else I should be looking out for? I have read about the IMS issue, but my understanding is, it is rare and since I do have the extended warranty, if the engine blows, it will be covered by it.

Anything else to look for?

Thanks.

Folks,

I am getting back into 911's (yeah baby). And about to purchase a 05 997 C2S coupe. Fully loaded, Navi, Bose, Sport Chorno, 6 Speed. with 21K miles on it and solid mint condition. Local car. Upon inspection by a local Porsche dealer they found the RMS leak, which is being fixed under the extended warranty that the seller has. 3/36....till end of 2011 or 56K miles.

paying 44.5K for it.

From my research it sounds like a good deal and we have a deal. Wanted to put it out there to reaffirm. Also anything else I should be looking out for? I have read about the IMS issue, but my understanding is, it is rare and since I do have the extended warranty, if the engine blows, it will be covered by it.

Thanks.

Good deal Noor, very similar to what I drive! Warranty is an excellent bonus you're getting with the car! That's one thing I wish I got.

congrats if you buy it, put up some pics

Sam

Folks,

paying 44.5K for it.

Thanks.

Good deal Noor, very similar to what I drive! Warranty is an excellent bonus you're getting with the car! That's one thing I wish I got.

Sam

Make sure the extended warranty is really transferrable. some of them require the approval by the insurer. When I bought mine I had a PPI also and had work done by the seller which the policy covered. I called the warranty company (Great lakes) to do the transfer ( I think there was a $150 fee). Well a couple of days later I get my payment and transfer application back in the mail. They turned down the transfer. I guess they figured they'd forgo the $150 to avoid future claims during the remaining 15 months left on the warranty.

Folks,

paying 44.5K for it.

Thanks.

Sam

Make sure the extended warranty is really transferrable. some of them require the approval by the insurer. When I bought mine I had a PPI also and had work done by the seller which the policy covered. I called the warranty company (Great lakes) to do the transfer ( I think there was a $150 fee). Well a couple of days later I get my payment and transfer application back in the mail. They turned down the transfer. I guess they figured they'd forgo the $150 to avoid future claims during the remaining 15 months left on the warranty.

Good input guys. I am checking with the warranty company. I did read the contract and it needed a $40/- transfer fee and I don't remember anything else in terms of pending approval of the company. So I think it is simply transferable by paying the fee. But I will double check.

Will post pics once I bring it home.

Thanks again.

Noor.

$44.5K for a low mileage 2005 997S w/ nice options + some extended warranty is a great deal.

I'd never sell 2005 997S Launch Car at that price. I guess circumstances and the marketplace dictate pricing these days.

Good Luck and post pics when you got your hands on it.

Folks,

paying 44.5K for it.

Thanks.

Bought mine with 23K miles and was talked into an extended warranty. Worried myself sick over the IMS issue, so I was glad I was roped into the e/w. Since reading that IMS troubles among tracked cars were even more rare, I've been driving mine "like my hair was on fire" (to quote one poster), tracked it once (and wanna track it again), got a speeding ticket from a surprisingly sympathetic CHP officer ("I HEARD you first, and why did you do it right in front of me?!"), and MPG be damned, been using 5-6 Grand as my normal shift points. Gonna change oil and filter between 5K and 10K miles at most and so far, it continues to run superbly at 34K miles without leaving any engine parts on the freeway. Congrats and enjoy. Cheers!

Yeah I got mine, MY05 C2S for 43K with 19,100 miles but no warranty. I get nervous reading about RMS and IMS issues with the 05s. The PPI was fine and the mechanic stated that the car was a great deal. My only worries would be brakes and tires. Still wish I had a warranty. I've dreamed of owning a Porsche since I was 14, because they were considered daily drivers, well engineered and rock solid exotic cars. I go to sleep banking on that reputation. I drive the car as hard as I can without getting a ticket or hitting a tree. RMS, IMS be damned.

• 2 months later...

This was the car in Brisbane right? I was going to pull the trigger on this but you beat me to it a couple of hours on Saturday in offering. I had looked at it the day before.

It was not a Launch Edition however, but a great price. I was kicking myself for not being faster, but I ended up getting a Launch Edition in the end =).

How has the car been running?

Edited by motosport3