Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hello all! I have an 02' boxster S that upon hard acceleration the ABS/PSM light comes on. If I shut the car off these lights reset. I was able to scan the engine/abs modules and found a code C0460 stored in the ABS module. There were no codes in the engine computer. The code states "pressure sensor". Does anyone have a clue as to where this sensor is located? Is it possibly internal to the ABS module itself? This site is a great resource, and I'm glad to have found it..(although I wish I had found it sooner!). Thanks! P.S I have used the search function, and found topics relating to my faults, but none with the same code I have stored. Is the ABS and PSM module the same? Can they be scanned separately?

Edited by dubmekanik

This fault (4460 - Pressure Sensor) is often caused by a faulty brake switch, or the brake switch not being adjusted properly.

I don't think you can purchase the pressure sensor separately, so you have to buy a complete ABS pump ($$$$). If it isn't the brake light switch, I would suggest checking the connector on the pressure sensor.

post-4000-1245350363.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Richard. Would 4460 and C0460 be the same trouble code? Did you have this fault with your Porsche at one time? Does any one else have any input / ideas before I spring for this module? Dealer list is 2800-3000! And to top it off I had a tech looking into the problem, and it went away for a couple of hours during his diagnostic procedure...So the problem is intermittent.

• Moderators

I would replace the brake fluid, and rinse the system out at the same time to start with, you never know what the result will be. Unfortunately, for a good result you need a PIWIS tester or PST 2.

Thanks for the reply, Richard. Would 4460 and C0460 be the same trouble code? Did you have this fault with your Porsche at one time? Does any one else have any input / ideas before I spring for this module? Dealer list is 2800-3000! And to top it off I had a tech looking into the problem, and it went away for a couple of hours during his diagnostic procedure...So the problem is intermittent.

I don't know what code reader gave you C0460, but 4460 is the Porsche code which has the description "Pressure Sensor". The diagnostic sheets for 4460 refer specifically to the brake switch, and give this priority in the diagnostic process.

Take a look at this thread: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=40297&amp...60&start=10 Pick it up from about half way down the page, and read it to the result in the last-but-one post.