Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How many 997 GT3 RS's in the world

adamr_ZA

I saw one on the track last week, at a PCA DE event. The car was wicked. In the rain too. It was bright green. The plate said "ribbett". :)

What is the main difference between a GT3 and a GT3 RS??

a lightweight single mass flywheel

broader rear track

12 o clock on the the steering wheel is painted yellow

plexi-glass rear windscreen

roll cage

the camber i think is setup more for track use

and they primarily came in 4 colours,

silver with orange wheels and decals

black with orange wheels and decals

green with black wheels and decals

orange with black wheels and decals

1900 worldwide ... mmm .... im so desperate to know how many worldwide ... the stats i have is 200 in the states and 14 here in South Africa ... LOL!

1900 worldwide ... mmm .... im so desperate to know how many worldwide ... the stats i have is 200 in the states and 14 here in South Africa ... LOL!

Yeah, and how many of these have already been wrecked??

thats true and with this car im sure they are a few

12 o clock on the the steering wheel is painted yellow

Can I do this to my Boxster S over the weekend and then call her a "Boxster S RS"????? :D

LOL! ... you just need the "klak-klak-klak" idle sound from the install of a lightweight single mass flywheel then you officially have a Boxster S RS !!!: )

here's one I saw this weekend....nice plate

post-43497-1247616342_thumb.jpg

I don't think that is a real one. A true Porsche lover would never park it like that! :lol: And they would never go furniture shopping.

Always an end spot, far away from other cars and shopping carts. Up-wind on a windy day.

Edited by White987S

I don't think that is a real one. A true Porsche lover would never park it like that! :lol: And they would never go furniture shopping.

Always an end spot, far away from other cars and shopping carts. Up-wind on a windy day.

He was at the liquor store! haha

Doesnt the RS come standard with the rollcage? I don't see it... I thought you were joking at first but coule this be..... ?

He was at the liquor store! haha

Doesnt the RS come standard with the rollcage? I don't see it... I thought you were joking at first but coule this be..... ?

In the USA and Canada, the GT3 RS did not come with a rear roll cage.

A handful of owners have purchased the rear cages, but obviously not all.

I am guessing that this black/orange/orange one was spotted in Toronto?

Regarding the original question....

I know that there were 413 total 2007 + 2008 GT3 RS sold in the USA.

I believe it was something like 300 2007s + 103 2008s.

I believe Porsche AG sells 40% of their cars to the US market,

so my guess would be that they made around 1000 total, 2007+2008 models.

I would also like to know the real numbers produced.

I'd bet South Africa has more GT3 RS per capita than anywhere on earth.

If you have any info for the registry, send it my way...

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/

• 2 weeks later...
so you are saying there's only 1 GT3 RS in all of ontario based on your registry? I find that hard to believe

I believe it. GT3 RS owners either lock their cars up in the garage and keep as queens or are track junkies. They do not have time for the internet! :D

• 2 weeks later...
so you are saying there's only 1 GT3 RS in all of ontario based on your registry? I find that hard to believe

I believe it. GT3 RS owners either lock their cars up in the garage and keep as queens or are track junkies. They do not have time for the internet! :D

Add a third GT3 RS to Ontario, GTA area.. Pfaff Porsche now has a White GT3 RS for sale with 7300 km on it

So far that is 2 Black/Black/Orange and 1 White/Black/Black

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

Add a third GT3 RS to Ontario, GTA area.. Pfaff Porsche now has a White GT3 RS for sale with 7300 km on it

So far that is 2 Black/Black/Orange and 1 White/Black/Black

Sam

The white RS currently for sale at Pfaff Motors in Ontario was originally sold in Florida.

It's listed in the USA section of the registry

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2008GT3RS/vin/2210.htm

• 1 month later...

what i like about the pic between the cayenne and 5 series BMW, is you can get a good context of the size of the RS ... awwwwwww :) ... if my car is parked in the parking lot ... im like always "where did it go !?"

Edited by adamr_ZA

• 2 years later...