Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Filling Fuel Slow / Seat change / Issue

I am a new 996 Owner with a few issues with the Car.

1999 996 Cab.

1) When I fill fuel at the gas station it takes forever as I have to fill very slowly. Seems like the vent line is blocked. Does anyone know how to diagnose this issue.

2) My driver seat is torn up, I rescently purchased a used 996 seat but the seat I purchased had memory and mine did not. Does anyone have any documentation or wiring schematic? Do I need to purchase the memory control box to get it to work. I have one connector on my original seat, the newer seat has 4 additional connector.

3) Where can I purchase the full service manual for a 1999 996.

4) My first MOD has been upgrading the Halogens to Projector and all works fine (straight swap). Is there any way to get the auto aligning of the projector to function? Is it just a harness or do I need additional components?

5) DRL (Day time Running Light) Is it a different module as I live in Canada and it is Mandatory (US vehicle).

6) My top takes a long time to retract or close. The two flaps on the side take time to retract or close and hence the roof does not retract until these FLAP (like pieces). How do I resolve this?

This is my first Porsche and I am enjoying wrenching, Any help is appriciated.

Ted

Cobracars

• Admin

1. Check the TSB on pinched vent tubing.

2. That will be a challenge - you will need to matchup wires and likely redo the connectors.

3. Try member Porschelibraian.

4. Sorry, no auto adjust for aftermarket - it is only on factory installs.

5. Please do a Search this has been covered many times.

6. Sorry, a Cab guy will have to help you on this one.

Are the side flaps not operating when you attempt to retract the top or do you think the process is just too slow? Those flaps are on a nylon bearing that moves up and down a screw drive that can be accessed and greased through the panel behind the back seat. If they're not moving, most of the time it just takes some grease on the big screw, but if they are moving, I don't think you can make it all function any faster.

Are the side flaps not operating when you attempt to retract the top or do you think the process is just too slow? Those flaps are on a nylon bearing that moves up and down a screw drive that can be accessed and greased through the panel behind the back seat. If they're not moving, most of the time it just takes some grease on the big screw, but if they are moving, I don't think you can make it all function any faster.

The side flaps are moving but very slowly, at times they stop moving and the dash light (for roof retraction) will flash. I will have to release the button (roof open) and try again, at times I have to push the close button and then try the open. Same thing happens when I try to close the roof. At times the flaps stop moving and then start again after a few seconds.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Ted