Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster Standalone engine management

Are there any options of engine management out there for porsches? I'm swaping a 3.4l into my boxster but I'm planning on boosting it in the future as well. Can I get a engine management that can run the 3.4l right now?

Are there any options of engine management out there for porsches? I'm swaping a 3.4l into my boxster but I'm planning on boosting it in the future as well. Can I get a engine management that can run the 3.4l right now?

The best engine management it's the original DME; the one you have - you can remapit; no other box will take over the whole thing; you can add a piggyback to run some af the functions(injectors, variocam), but I think it's better to find a good tuner to remapit; on 3.4 you don't have a lot of "hidden" power; the 3.6 you can get more from remapping. The turbo kits shoud come with their own piggyback to control the boost.

good luck,

Sergiu

• 1 month later...

The best engine management it's the original DME; the one you have - you can remapit; no other box will take over the whole thing; you can add a piggyback to run some af the functions(injectors, variocam), but I think it's better to find a good tuner to remapit; on 3.4 you don't have a lot of "hidden" power; the 3.6 you can get more from remapping. The turbo kits shoud come with their own piggyback to control the boost.

good luck,

Sergiu

what do I need to buy to reprogram the DME? I can't find a dealership who is willing to do it for me in western canada.

good luck,

Sergiu

Sergiu.

What Kinda of hp can milk out of a normally aspirated 3.6 (rempaped)? Are the the same design as the little squiirt Boxter motors with the same problems? Can they handle a turbocharger?

THanks P,K

chu77 - google for softronic

pk - ask the guy at softronic how much he can get out of the 3.6. the 3.6 it's different from the old boxster 2.7 engine. the 3.4 it's similar thou.

Sergiu

chu77 - google for softronic

pk - ask the guy at softronic how much he can get out of the 3.6. the 3.6 it's different from the old boxster 2.7 engine. the 3.4 it's similar thou.

Sergiu

Thanks sergui,

I Was surprised to hear that the 3.4 suffered some of the same ailments as the 2.5's and the like. I assumed that the 3.6 suffered the same but your saying not. Good.

I have my little 2.5's hp upped about 40-50%. But with all it inherent flaws, it's gotta let go sooner or later. I'd like to have a back up & plan that is a little more stable. If I hear you right, a 3.6 should be an inherently a more robust platform. I'm surprised though at the relatively modest hp gain I would get. If I did the something similar to what i did to my current engine, even if I settled for much more modest 25-30% hp boost, that would be GT territory.'

Thoughts? I'LL check out softronic.

Thanks again, PK