Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Porsche 996 C4S Video

Hi all

I am new to the forum and a newbie to Porsche ownership

While researching the C4S that I bought, I found very few good videos on the web and none from Porsche.

My son and I got together, he does the filming and editing basically everything and this is what came out of it

Please have a look at the video and give feedback

This is a great forum and website, I have already learned a lot from you guys

Thank you

Regards

Sigfus

Edited by C4Speed

Your son's got some serious talent! It looks like he did all the filming with a handheld. I think he deserves a crane jib and a steadycam rig for all that editing work. Then again, that's probably going to cut into your car budget. lol

Your son's got some serious talent! It looks like he did all the filming with a handheld. I think he deserves a crane jib and a steadycam rig for all that editing work. Then again, that's probably going to cut into your car budget. lol

Thank you, he is great !! He did use a handheld and I am looking at getting him a steadycam he more than deserves one

Regards

Sigfus

Nice car, and nice filming. My only critique would be that I would like to hear more Porsche engine sounds and less music during the video. Other than that, it is very nice.

Thank you and thank you.

I am a car guy and I like the engine sound too but he does not want the engine to clash to much with the music !!! He made another video for me before for my Corvette.

And there I got him to put just a tiny bit of engine in there see for your self, you can find it on Youtube under Corvette 1982. My Director son is headstrong !! but he does a good job

Thank you very much for your input

Regards

Sigfus

Edited by C4Speed
Removed non-Porsche related video

• Admin

Sorry, this is a Porsche site - please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when you registered here.

"Please keep your posts on topic - Porsche's and Porsche related technical discussions - period. Non-Porsche related content will be removed."

Your non Porsche video has been removed.

Sorry, this is a Porsche site - please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when you registered here.

"Please keep your posts on topic - Porsche's and Porsche related technical discussions - period. Non-Porsche related content will be removed."

Your non Porsche video has been removed.

Ups Sorry about that one, I must not have read that part !!! Still learning, will not happen again !

Regards

Sigfus

Edited by C4Speed

Hi

Thank you all for welcoming me to this great forum, for your well wishes and compliments on the Porsche video that my son made.

It only took a couple of evenings to film and he edited the whole thing in one afternoon.

A father and son project which we had a lot of fun making. I did the driving, polishing and supplies, he did the rest from a-z !!!

A recommended activity for one and all

Regards

Sigfus

P.s. When I was 18 I was working on my Z28 Camaro and burning rubber !

Hi,

Nice video. Can you tell me the name of the song and band in the video. Thanks. quocddang@yahoo.com

Hi all

While researching the C4S that I bought, I found very few good videos on the web and none from Porsche.

My son and I got together, he does the filming and editing basically everything and this is what came out of it

Thank you

Regards

Sigfus

Hi

Glad you like the video

The song is Grounds for divorce with Elbow

Regards

Sigfus

Hi,

Nice video. Can you tell me the name of the song and band in the video. Thanks. quocddang@yahoo.com

Hi all

Thank you

Regards

Sigfus

this video confirms that the C4S is the best looking 996 (imho). thanks...

Thanks for the confirmation

I totally agree I just love the design of the C4S - with out putting down any of the others

Even before I got mine, my favorite was always the C4S, I would have been hard pressed to choose between the 993 and the 996

The 996 was available, I fell for it and just love it !!

Regards

Sigfus

Great video. Music was fine. I didn't miss the engine sound -- especially with a relatively stock muffler.

You might look into a Fat Gecko mount which could give you interesting angles that would be hard to get otherwise.

Thanks for the tip - I have looked it up and it seems like quality kit for the money - Definitely on my shopping list

Regards

Sigfus

33655990004_medium.jpg

Nice car, and nice filming. My only critique would be that I would like to hear more Porsche engine sounds and less music during the video. Other than that, it is very nice.

Hi Dennis

This one is for you !!

Sigfus

"A good product must be respectable. Design is not fashion" Butzi Porsche, Designer of the 911

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3365599

Edited by C4Speed

• 5 weeks later...
nice!

here is my lame one testing out a camera i just picked up

My name is Tom

I have been a reader/lurker of this site for quite a while and noticed you are in Seattle, some time ago. I'm up in Van BC and have a 04 c4s and will be down in Seattle on business. I am thinking of getting new tires there as they are better priced than here, likely the Michelin Pilot sports

any idea where is the best priced retailer in your area? up in can i likely would pay $500 more and right foreign ex is good my way.

Thanks

Tom

• 5 months later...

That was pretty sick! I wish you had bought a fighter jet. B)

Thanks - I am under the impression that I bought an excellent fighter jet for the streets

I have done some mods now and have gathered lots of photos and videos of Carrera 4S on my Cardomain page if you want to check it out !

Regards and thanks again

Sigfus

Edited by C4Speed

Great video! Congrats to your son on very well edited and tasteful piece of work, ...and to you on a cool car. Can't go wrong w/ the C4S!

Thanks for the kind words - I love my C4S - My son has done some more videos of the C4S and I have an before and after exhaust sound video on order which he will do when we get better weather in this neck of the woods !

Regards

Sigfus