Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin

:welcome:

Check with your dealer/OPC they may have forgotten to activate it.

Oh.. sorry, you were asking about charging.

There is a TSB that says:

"For the connection of your new generation iPod/iPhone 3G, Apple has modified the assignment of the Dock Connector. Due to the modification by Apple of the Dock Connector for the new generation iPod/iPhone as of the middle of 2008, the previous charging function of the standard audio interface via the Dock Connector is no longer available for the new devices. In this case, a charging function for new Apple devices is available via the USB/Dock Connector cable included with the devices.

The part number for the iPhone 3G interface cable with charging capability is 997.612.471.02."

Edited by Loren

Apple changed the design from working on 12 volts through a firewire connector to only working on 5 volts with a USB connector. CableJive makes an adapter which will cure the problem. I have one and it works well. Note, the iPhone with an adapter attached will not fit in the compartment, but the new iPod mini does.

• 2 weeks later...

I overlooked this initially when troubleshooting the same problem with my iPhone not charging. Make sure you have the USB connector on the cable connected to the USB input in the console AND connect the other part of the "Y" cable to your iPhone/iPod. Both ends of the Porsche-supplied cable must be plugged in for the charge to occur.

• 3 weeks later...
I had same non-charging problem. This adapter from the apple store fixed my problem. You have to angle the ipod a bit, but it will fit in the console.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A?mco=ODU2NTAzNA

Thanks for the advice. I did buy the Scosche adapter. The problem was solved when I plugged in the USB connector which is part of the iPod cable. When both are connected in the console, the iPod charges. You don't need the Scosche adapter. Try it - I believe it will work for you too.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 2009 C4S with the ipod option. It does not charge while connected to the car. Is this the design or is there a feature that I have failed to activate?

You can purchase this new iPod USB cable (part no.: 997 612 471 02) for $27.95.

Link below.

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant....=9972electronic

Edited by TooSixy

• 1 month later...

I have an old Gen 3 iPod and it works great with the Porsche cable that has only the iPod connector and the DIN/S connector (no USB tang).

This cable was provided by the selling dealer after the originally provided cable with the USB tang as well as DIN/S tang did not work consistently with the old iPod. That cable did work fine with an iPod Touch, however.

The PCM interface and Navigation system is as good as any I have seen as to function.

The PCM interface and Navigation system is as good as any I have seen as to function.

The iPod interface in my Audi S5 was better. It supported all the levels of shuffle, charged any iPod, and scrolled a long list of tracks by letter without delay. I also dare to say the B&O sound was better than the Bose.

That will start some arguements.....