Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Coolant bleeding in front of the rear wheel

Hi,Looking for help regarding to a coolant leak.I have noticed minor coolant leak in front of the rear wheels of my 99 996 C4. I opened up the inside cover and found a hole leaking coolant which filled with dirt and mud.When I cleaned it, I found the dirt mixed with some broken rubber and a piece of thin round plastic membrane.If this is an overflow valve? I suspect something must be missing or broken.I check both sides of the car, same condition. Any thought?I have attached the picture in below.Thanks for your help.

post-46372-1249590979_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the inputs. This is my 2nd week being an owner of this car.

Though I have most of the receipts from previous owner, I am still in cautious mode right now.

After all, there are risks buying a 10 years old car especially an early model of 996.

Anyway, I will closely monitor all fluid level.

It is a C4 cab. so unlikely sunroof drain.

Probably the sunroof drain.

• Admin

Though I have most of the receipts from previous owner, I am still in cautious mode right now.

After all, there are risks buying a 10 years old car especially an early model of 996.

I drive a 10 year old early model 996. :drive:

I drive a 10 year old early model 996. :drive:

I also have a 10 year old C2. 72k miles and going well. :)

Hi Smak,

i too have owned my '99 C2 Cab for a couple of weeks - know what you mean about cautious mode!! - bit scared to take it out in case the engine blows up, or the dreaded 'Check' light comes on.

as its raining hard in the UK all the time , its sat in the garage mainly!

smak, you're one step ahead of the game actually attending to and cleaning out those drains. If they get too clogged with muck, rain drains into your car and can get all the electronics under the seat wet.

I've got a 99 996. 114k miles and still going strong - not that it hasn't had problems that come with any 10-year-old car, but nothing major.

I am overwhelmed with the responses from this forum. You guys are awesome!

Today, I spend a good hour drive with the top down to the golf course.

To me, it was double happiness with the game of golf while commuting by my C4. Nothing can beat that.

My car had 83k miles now. Kept my finger cross, so far so no major problem. CEL came on twice and diagnostic as O2 sensor after the cat. failure a week ago. Never came back on since. The car came with carbon fibre trim interior, but all cracked seriously. I have just repaint the center console to cover up those cracks. Door arm rests just wrapped with leather. After all, the whole OEM carbon fibre replacement cost about $3000 US. I would rather spend $$$ on wheels or other. There are more things for me to fine tune and replace. I am trying to list down a to do list, size the budget and prioritze the work.

This car will be with me for years to come. I will chat with you car more often.

Once I have time, I will post a few pic.

regards,

Smak

Hi Smak,

i too have owned my '99 C2 Cab for a couple of weeks - know what you mean about cautious mode!! - bit scared to take it out in case the engine blows up, or the dreaded 'Check' light comes on.

as its raining hard in the UK all the time , its sat in the garage mainly!