Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Will 996TT Big Brake Fit on 996C2

I have a 2003 c2 that i want to upgrade the brakes.. will the a set of 996 tt big red brakes fit on a 2003 c2

i track the car and the stock black brakes just don't cut it ... are there any mods that will need to be done

any info would really help.....

:renntech:

Manny Sanchez

2003 c2

Speads DSR

Edited by msracing

Thanks Loren,, any idea who would have these kits, ,,, I have just purchased a set of like new tt big brakes and rotors i was told that they would bolt right up but later at an events that i was instructing last weekend down here in Homestead Miami speedway i was told by a local Porsche guy that they would not fit ,

I called Sunset Porsche parts dept. to ask if there was any way they could fit and they told me that it should fit .. that i may have some problem with the wheels and would need some spacers... i told them that i have a set of 19" they sold me some 5 mm spacers to help with the conversion...

I know the the TT has a different offset front and rear than the c2 ,,, would i need some other type of rotors or do i need to change everything to the GT2 front setup and a TT rear. Any help would be great......Thanks in Advance

And Loren sorry for the Signature mess up........

Manny Sanchez

2003 c2

Speads DSR

Loren, they may have something but i didn't find it...do you remember were you seen it?

After doing some more searching i have found very little on this subject.... i would have thought more people would have done this conversion....

I read that the rear is a direct bolt on... but the front would require a Twin Turbo wheel carrier and maybe update the abs gear to a TT... is this right?

I already have a set of 996 TT big red brakes coming... and i would really like to use them on my car if possible

Also would i need to ungrade the Master Cyl. to something else or do you think that the one on the car (c2) would work

Manny

If this is of any help, I did my conversion with GT2 front wheel carriers and 997 turbo discs and calipers for front, 996 turbo discs and calipers for rear. Rear is a direct bolt-on, fronts almost with those wheel carriers. Just one issue, you'll need 1.5 mm spacers between hubs and discs to get front discs centered to calipers. Local Porsche Centre did the installation. No need for diffferent master cylider or brake bias valve. Works fine, I've done several track days without issues.

When I measured different brake combos for my past project, a 951, I noticed that while 996 turbo and mkI GT3 share front calipers, their discs have different offset ( again that very same 1.5mm, the difference is in the wheel carrier/hub ), so try to use dedicated discs/calipers/wheel carriers. Or get shims like I did. For 951 the solution was easy, just machine adapters accordingly. I ended up using GT3 mkII stuff in all four corners...

post-36715-1251579837_thumb.jpg

Thanks Pete for the info.....i purchased a set turbo brakes but ended sending them back as i later found that i would need a a bunch of other goodies like turbo wheel carriers, dust shields, abs sensors, stub axles and so on ... so i decided that i am leaving the brakes alone , what i think i am going to do is sell this car and buy a T.T. or a gt3.

Manny Sanchez

2003 c2 white/blue

Thanks Pete for the info.....i purchased a set turbo brakes but ended sending them back as i later found that i would need a a bunch of other goodies like turbo wheel carriers, dust shields, abs sensors, stub axles and so on ... so i decided that i am leaving the brakes alone , what i think i am going to do is sell this car and buy a T.T. or a gt3.

I started bying parts from e-bay 1½ years before I bought the car ( March ´09 ). Parts were complete,eg pads and discs were barely used, but as a precautionary action bearings were changed.

I started bying parts from e-bay 1½ years before I bought the car ( March ´09 ). Parts were complete,eg pads and discs were barely used, but as a precautionary action bearings were changed.

Well I think i made up my mind, I am looking for a nice Twin Turbo 2003-2006 ... My c2 is a super nice car but i want more .... more hp and more brakes.

thanks for the info......

Manny

• 5 months later...

anyone got any more info in this mod?

i ve heard from a few people that turbo/GT3 mk1 brakes will bolt right on to the C2 hubs both at the front and the rear. you need to get non turbo rotors for the front and there will be an offset issue using turbo rotors but apart from that its plain sailing.

several people who track have said they have done it without any need for spacers or issues but i cant get anything more from them.

unfortunately there seems to be a lot of posts everywhere with everyone saying that you need to change hub carriers so i dont know what to believe.

can anyone post anything definative, from their own experience with trying to mount reds onto a C2 using the stock carriers.

i'll probably grab a set next week and have a look see myself but in the meantime anyone with direct experience feel free to chime in.