Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How do you keep your floor mats in place?

I have a 987 with the stock floor mats and I find that the driver's side mat just won't stay in place while driving. :-/ Are there any ingenious solutions for this issue out there that do not involve gluing velcro to the mat or the carpet? How do you keep your floor mats from moving around?

Thanks,

Jason

VELCRO It works great! :renntech:

I have a 987 with the stock floor mats and I find that the driver's side mat just won't stay in place while driving. :-/ Are there any ingenious solutions for this issue out there that do not involve gluing velcro to the mat or the carpet? How do you keep your floor mats from moving around?

Thanks,

Jason

VELCRO It works great! :renntech:

Thanks,

Jason

I have an 07 987s and my factory mats already have a strip of velcro on each side where the mat meets the seat... don't have any problems.

Sounds like your floor mats might be defective; they shouldn't be moving around on you at all in normal driving.

Anyways, a rubber "no slip rug pad" might do the trick. It's non-stick, non-permanent. It's bascially a thin peice of rubber-like matting that you can put underneath your floor mat. You can cut it to fit.

My 2001 Boxster has large Velcro pads at the corners of the underside of the mat and in the same position on the carpet to hold it in place. I got this car used, but it appears to have come from the factory that way.

One of the most frustrating things is having floor mats sliding around in the car. They always seem to find the ugliest position to rest, then they sort of mold themselves to the floor there. It's like that old warning "Don't cross your eyes, they'll stick that way."

Anyway, I don't have any helpful suggestions...

in my 996 the flap under the gas and brake seems to always fall down which can cause major issues while driving. I went over to home depot and just picked up some strong velcro. Its kind of tough getting the sticky part to stick to the rubber on the back of the mat but it seems to have worked for me as now the mat stays in place. There is no issues with movement of the entire mat since it also has velcro on the floor stock. Go buy some velcro and see if that works.

I took a look under my passenger side floor mats just for kicks (I don't spend much (any) time there ;-)) and found that there are plastic velcro circles tethered to floor, one on each side near the seat, that connect with velcro flaps on the underside of the floor mat. The driver side mat has the velcro flaps but it does not have these plastic velcro circles on the floor which explains why they don't stay in place. I've attached an image of both the floor mat and the plastic velcro circle.

Should these velcro circles also be on the driverside floor? If so, does anyone know what they are called, where to buy them, or how to install them? I tried searching on pelicanparts.com but came up empty. :-(

Thanks for all the replies,

Jason

PS - It's a 2005

post-44766-1251430906_thumb.jpg

post-44766-1251431094_thumb.jpg

Edited by jfoxny

I took a look under my passenger side floor mats just for kicks (I don't spend much (any) time there ;-)) and found that there are plastic velcro circles tethered to floor, one on each side near the seat, that connect with velcro flaps on the underside of the floor mat. The driver side mat has the velcro flaps but it does not have these plastic velcro circles on the floor which explains why they don't stay in place. I've attached an image of both the floor mat and the plastic velcro circle.

Should these velcro circles also be on the driverside floor? If so, does anyone know what they are called, where to buy them, or how to install them? I tried searching on pelicanparts.com but came up empty. :-(

Thanks for all the replies,

Jason

PS - It's a 2005

yes, the should be on both sides... not sure what the part number is.

I spoke to the dealer about it today while I was in for service. They are going to order them for me ($13 and change) and install them for, get this, free! =-O This will be my cheapest service visit yet (and probably ever)! :-D

Thanks for all the helpful replies,

Jason

Edited by jfoxny

They should have been installed since day one...good that the dealer is taking care of it.

I bought the car used, so, they might have been there originally. I got them installed this morning at the dealer. In case anyone is interested the part number is: 999-902-054-40.

Thanks again for the help,

Jason

Edited by jfoxny

• 2 weeks later...
I spoke to the dealer about it today while I was in for service. They are going to order them for me ($13 and change) and install them for, get this, free! =-O This will be my cheapest service visit yet (and probably ever)! :-D

Haha, cool.

I was having problems with my top and had to take it in several tiems. I'd wait until the car was dirty to take it in... they'd give it a free bath and it came back looking new.

• 1 month later...