Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P11 Rain Sensor/Dimming mirror

Hi- Does anyone have the factory wiring diagram and/or the harness part number for the 04' 996 Targa with the P11 factory option Rain sensor/Dimming mirror. I am retrofitting this option & need to get either the part number of the combo rain sensor/dimming mirror harness that goes from the overhead courtesy lights to the dash switch, relay, door harness etc. No one seems to be able to find this part number so that I can order the harness. This harness has a flat connector approximately an inch wide with 6+ wires that connects to the mirror/rain sensor assembly at the overhead light console. If this harness is integral to the main harness then I will attempt to build my own based on the wiring diagram. If I can get that diagram it also will help me to be certain that I have all the part required to make this retrofit work. Any help would be appreciated including the harness. Thanks

Loren thanks for the heads up. I have reviewed that TSB as well as almost every thread that I could find on the topic. The TSB 4/98 9212 referenced is for the OEM aftermarket "tequipment kit". That kit does not allow for sensitivity adjustment of the rain sensor which is why I am attempting to install the OEM factory P11 option. The self dimming OEM Tequipment mirror which I coulkd not find will actually fit the non dimming mirror mouunt. However I have managed to get the correct mount for the P11 option & it is installed on the windshield. As an aside I actually have an NOS factory kit with the early adjustment relay which I was going to use untill I acquired the P11 factory option mirror/rain sensor. This dimming mirror has a hole in it which goes around the rain sensor & is integral to the mirror. At issue is the correct harness part number and/or a schematic of the wiring connetions for both the oem P11 mirror & rain sensor. Any help is most appreciated.

Ok guys, As others have stated & I can attest Loren is the best!! I can't believe with as much as you have going on you are gracious enough to help out with my small issue. If anyone has a a Porsche with the M265 option or P11 ordering option & is willing to take off the dome light (attached with two screws under the black lenses) you will find (I hope) a black 1" wide connection that should have a white tag with a part number on it. I need the part number from the side that connects to the rain sensor/dimming mirror & in turn goes across to the A pillar & connects to the intermittant dash switch, relay etc. Altenatively I'd be happy to purchase the same if available used. Finally I'm not sure of the part number that I have but I have installed it on the windshild & it looks similar. I'll check it when I get home.

Targa gets a different rain sensor and harness than coupe or cab. The correct part number for the Targa rain sensor/harness is 996.612.526.00. Is that what you have?

I am sending you a PM also.