Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

F360 Vs. 3.6 Carrera2

My best friend has recently bought a Ferrari F360 Spider, 400hp V8 with F1 transmission.

Coming home from the office, from about a 20mph roll, he surprises me by stomping on it, I was behind him, not in the proper gear for maximum acceleration, but I stick it to the floor none the less. He starts to ever so slightly pull away for a second but once my revs get up (remember, I wasn't expecting it), I start to gain on him. To around 80mph I was stuck on him like glue till he backed off. Later I asked if he was giving it everything and he said he was and then commented on how fast my Porsche is.

80hp down, and I can hang right with him.

image001.jpg

Edited by jeveretts

Could also be the clunky hesitant F1 gearbox that still isn't perfected in mass-produced cars. But for the sake of what this forum is about, Porsches have proven for decades that they can put the power down better. A friend of mine with a GT3 raced a Gallardo and a Z06 in an undisclosed area for about 25 miles, and donkey-stomped both of them....with less power than both of them.

"Top Gear" compared the 997 CarreraS to the BMW M6 (501hp) and the small Aston Martin coupe (380hp). The 997 won by some 9 seconds on the Isle of Man track. Two of the three hosts agreed the Porsche was the "Car by which all others compare themselves to" and won their vote. - AND - "Supercars Exposed" compared the 996 Turbo to the Corvette (140hp more than the 996- not sure which model..maybe Z06). The host said "I would take the Porsche!". Tanner Foust's verbal description fell short of his facial expressions and comments on the track... The Porsche was clearly the winner on the track. The Porsche 911 has better handling and incomparable power management.

My 996 impresses me more everyday! ....but, that is one nice F360!