Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

DME Programming codes Contact of Porshe Distributer USA

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I purchased an engine with a DME and security model from the USA. I live in South Africa. The Porsche distrubitor in South Africa gave me the programming codes for my car, but they do not have access to the codes for the DME I purchsased from the USA. I have the VIN number and proof of purchase.

Can any body please give me some contact details of a distributer in the USA, so that I could contact them to get me the codes I require? I will obviously pay for the service.

Regards

Pieter.

pm me with your vin and car type of the original dme. I will try to contact my friendly dealer. It's not about money. They are not aloud to do it. Did you try the LA dismantlers - where you got the engine from?

Did you change the dme from 5.2.2 to 7.2?

Sergiu

Edited by sergiu

• Moderators

I bought a used control unit, the one that goes under the seat, from ebay. But that thing is worthless without the code. The seller gave me the VIN for the car it came from, and I was able to get the code. In fact I got all the codes for the donor car, including the radio code. But you would need to find a real friendly US dealership.

Sergiu,

I did send numerous e-mails to LA Dismantlers and no reply. (I did buy the engine from them, I must also add that the engine has done 4000km on the 2.5 DME programme and has performed flawlessly)

No, I did not change the DME type. My car (the 2.5 DME) is a 996.618.601.02 (5.2.2) and Porsche SA said that they could not programme it. The new DME is a 996.618.601.04 (5.2.2) which is programmable. I will have to re-programme the .04 DME with my car's security codes.

I did get the security module with the DME (matching VIN numbers) but the plug on the US security module is completely different to my car's plug. So therefore I have to match my security module with the new DME.

Regards

Pieter

pm me with your vin and car type of the original dme. I will try to contact my friendly dealer. It's not about money. They are not aloud to do it. Did you try the LA dismantlers - where you got the engine from?

Sergiu

Sergiu,

I did send numerous e-mails to LA Dismantlers and no reply. (I did buy the engine from them, I must also add that the engine has done 4000km on the 2.5 DME programme and has performed flawlessly)

No, I did not change the DME type. My car (the 2.5 DME) is a 996.618.601.02 (5.2.2) and Porsche SA said that they could not programme it. The new DME is a 996.618.601.04 (5.2.2) which is programmable. I will have to re-programme the .04 DME with my car's security codes.

I did get the security module with the DME (matching VIN numbers) but the plug on the US security module is completely different to my car's plug. So therefore I have to match my security module with the new DME.

Regards

Pieter

Sergiu

Maybe a PITA -- but consider making an interface connector for the two plugs?

Hi Txhokie4life,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I do not know what PITA means?

This is a possibility but I do not have both security module's connection diagrams. It could be simple as the pins are easily removeable from the plugs, so to change from one plug to another depends on if both security modules have the same signals. I will do a search here and see if I can get the wiring diagrams of both modules.

Regards

Pieter

Sergiu,

Regards

Pieter

Sergiu

Maybe a PITA -- but consider making an interface connector for the two plugs?

Thanks Sergiu,

The guy that has the PIWI's is racing both this weekend and the next. I will have to wait another 2 weeks. He is in Johannesburg and I am in Pretoria so I can only get to him on a Saturday morning. I will let you know how it went.

Regards

Pieter

Just pm'd you.

Let me know if it worked.

Sergiu