Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am debating the purchase of an 06 C4S Cab. with 4K miles for $65K or an 07 C2S Cab. with 26K miles for $62K. Both with similar options although the C4S has full leather. I would be interested in hearing from those who have experience with both the C2S and the C4S on performance, ride, value, trouble history, etc. If this comparison is already documented in another post, please point me in that direction. Thx.

Edited by mccarterk

I am debating the purchase of an 06 C4S Cab. with 4K miles for $65K or an 07 C2S Cab. with 26K miles for $62K. Both with similar options although the C4S has full leather. I would be interested in hearing from those who have experience with both the C2S and the C4S on performance, ride, value, trouble history, etc. If this comparison is already documented in another post, please point me in that direction. Thx.

I have had no major issues with my C4S. Ride with the PASM is better on rough pavement than stock suspension and you've got the option of the stiffer setting when you want it. Lower miles is always better than higher miles and there are few, if any , differences between the '06 and '07 model year cars. Full leather will make it easier to sell but not worth many dollars to you when you do as everyone wants to get something for nothing when buying a used car. I'd buy the lower mileage C4S and try and work the price down a bit.

I was leaning toward the 06 C4S. It only has 1 month left on the warranty. Should I pay to have it certified or buy an extended warranty?

I think the CPO will cause you lest grief in the long run. Besides, the car has to go through an extensive check to qualify for CPO status which, in itself, should give you an extra measure of comfort knowing that the car is in good condition when you buy it.