Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

is there a how to for FOB replacement or pill swap?

trying to figure out how to swap a blade or a pill

without destroying old or new one.

thanks,

mike

It's pretty easy. Just pop open the head and swap out the blade and pill. Here is a link to Pelican parts tech answers with pictures. Hope it helps.

GW

Changing remote head

exactly what I was looking for -- this is what I thought had to be done -- but figured I'd ask before I ruined a costly item.

thank you very much!

m

• 1 year later...

trying to figure out how to swap a blade or a pill

without destroying old or new one.

thanks,

mike

I just did it, flipped it from the bottom first, then used metal tweesers to pull it out, not as fragile as I first thought.

I then transferred it a few times to the GT conversion FOB but could not allign the buttoms, but the ignition did turn

only with that glass pill thing.

I am going to see if the local dealer will programme the new GT fob head from Pelican.

They guys who cut the key, as the dealer couldn't gave me a spare which solves my spare problem coz the only key

I had before was a very worn out original that only unlocked the doors 30% of the time.

One way or another a simple swap the guts of the GT / 911 Fob is not so simple, the buttons did not allign on my swap but

the part comes with "the gutts" so I will see if the dealer can sync them and the original key.