Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have an 03 Cayenne S. Now the cold weather has arrived I have noticed that on a cold start, that the front windscreen mists

up very quickly.

So I push the Front Windscreen Demister, but it is a case I need to drive the car for half a mile, or about 2 minutes before the

blowers kick in and clear the windscreen very quickly. Once this happens it is fine, until I stop again, leave the car until the

next cold start and have the same problem again.

Finding that I need to drive with front windows and sunroof open which isn't ideal until the blowers kick so I can at least drive,

just about.

Bought the car in December last year and did notice this problem, but was hoping that the fault would resolve itself, but

thinking about it, the same situation in the Summer is that it would take half a mile or about 2 minutes before the

Air Conditioning would kick in ??

Once covered the intitial distance, not a problem with temperature or control of the flow.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Inspect the drain for the air box for blockage and the condition of the cabin filter. It sound like you may have excessive moisture collecting in the climate control air plenum. I believe the fan will only come on once the coolant temp has reached a determine level.