Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

116,500 miles and it happened.

My car is a 2002 C2 manual transmission with 116,500 miles.

Car runs like a crazy, not leaking RMS or missfires, smooth, everything working like when it was new. The interior of my car looks and feel newer than some 2005-2006 997's that I was shopping around. Either the owners don't take care of their cars or I take excessive care of mine. I listed her on autotrader but I'm keeping her. Love her. Don't tell my wife.

That's it. engine didn't blow. but since everybody post nightmares, I thought about posting a dream of a car.

3551334686_9012134145.jpg

3550526197_a2e2492b67.jpg

3550526149_1ddb4bfec9.jpg

3550526085_e7b5309d07.jpg

3053852246_1b05eccfa3.jpg

3053849384_be58c16b39.jpg

3053015521_c682ee9409.jpg

3053848136_430b6d6346.jpg

2915834322_80def33d1d.jpg

2873186340_5c36a299ea.jpg

joel

Thanks for the kind words guys.... For the leather I use meguiars products but I use a lightly damp cloth in between.

The car, by no means, is a garage queen. It's my daily drive and I enjoy going to work in it. When it's time to come home from the office, I feel like the flintstone's intro!! LOL!

Life is short, I bought it to drive it, not for the next guy but I keep it clean in the mean time!!!!

Thanks again!

joel

Thanks for the kind words guys.... For the leather I use meguiars products but I use a lightly damp cloth in between.

The car, by no means, is a garage queen. It's my daily drive and I enjoy going to work in it. When it's time to come home from the office, I feel like the flintstone's intro!! LOL!

Life is short, I bought it to drive it, not for the next guy but I keep it clean in the mean time!!!!

Thanks again!

joel

Joel:

What do you use to clean the engine? Your engine compartment looks immaculate!

Regards, Maurice.

For the engine and engine bay...

After the car was running for 5 minutes, I remove the air filter, cover the plenum intake, alternator and MAF connector with plastic bags. hose it pretty down with my garden hose and the jet setting. spray any engine degreaser, let it sit for 3-4 minutes, brush and lift the dirt with a towel and hand brush and rinse. I don't dress the engine with anything else.

For the engine and engine bay...

After the car was running for 5 minutes, I remove the air filter, cover the plenum intake, alternator and MAF connector with plastic bags. hose it pretty down with my garden hose and the jet setting. spray any engine degreaser, let it sit for 3-4 minutes, brush and lift the dirt with a towel and hand brush and rinse. I don't dress the engine with anything else.

Joel:

Thanks for the details. I'm looking forward to some more cleaning! :beer:

Regards, Maurice.