Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Floggy First Gear....

I looked all over for a picture of the piggy back

system. I must of left it on an old site.

Get Tom to send you a picture. It does

look cool.

Paul

im really not up for a $2500 system that 'looks cool' and if that part is required i will have it soon. also will look into oil seperator per your advice. im just so tired of this project as it has eaten up more than a month of my time shared with my car. getting a little worn out on the idea of 'bolt on' power and 'all inclusive kits' pfft. i can only advise not to ever engage in doing so with your porsche unless your have more time and money then brains. go out and buy the turbo......

look cool.

Paul

im really not up for a $2500 system that 'looks cool' and if that part is required i will have it soon. also will look into oil seperator per your advice. im just so tired of this project as it has eaten up more than a month of my time shared with my car. getting a little worn out on the idea of 'bolt on' power and 'all inclusive kits' pfft. i can only advise not to ever engage in doing so with your porsche unless your have more time and money then brains. go out and buy the turbo......

Sc or Turbo, it doesn't matter, anytime you add forced induction to an engine that didn't come from the factory that way you had better be WELL SCHOOLED on ALL the issues.

look cool.

Paul

Sc or Turbo, it doesn't matter, anytime you add forced induction to an engine that didn't come from the factory that way you had better be WELL SCHOOLED on ALL the issues.

well im a firm believer in learning from experience regardless of outcome. i was getting impatient as it has been over month with everything said and done.

heres the current update if your curious B)

everything is correctly installed i just put 100 miles on her tonight! i think because the ECU was remapped it still had to adjust, which it does automatically when unplugged from the battery. thats my understanding from installing a battery previously. i noticed the car did not respond like it use to and that i had to drive her in order for the ECU to adjust to how i drive. same thing now and i have noticed since i first got the car (cold) it ran poor and now its a champ again! filled her up with 100 octane and felt her out. a lot is different and i will take some notes tomorrow with some thoughts i have. i will also plug in the durametric deal and get some data. pics and video soon too!

paul i think i saw ur car today on laurel lol.

Edited by 420 Tecra

excel database format data from durametric

anyone have any idea what kind of readings im looking for or what safe operating ranges are?

The data you collected is meaningless. Capture the follwing information all the way to redline in 2nd or 3rd gear.

RPM

Coolant temp

MAF (in kg/h)

Timing

After Cat O2 sensor voltage

Throttle position

LTFT and STFT.

Also show MAF signal at idle with AC off. If you have the ability, measure vacuum at idle and boost at redline.

Edited by 1999Porsche911

look cool.

Paul

well im a firm believer in learning from experience regardless of outcome.

We can only hope that your learning experience is completed before that engine goes TU.

i was getting impatient as it has been over month with everything said and done.

heres the current update if your curious B)

everything is correctly installed i just put 100 miles on her tonight! i think because the ECU was remapped it still had to adjust, which it does automatically when unplugged from the battery. thats my understanding from installing a battery previously. i noticed the car did not respond like it use to and that i had to drive her in order for the ECU to adjust to how i drive. same thing now and i have noticed since i first got the car (cold) it ran poor and now its a champ again! filled her up with 100 octane and felt her out. a lot is different and i will take some notes tomorrow with some thoughts i have. i will also plug in the durametric deal and get some data. pics and video soon too!

paul i think i saw ur car today on laurel lol.

Edited by wwest

anyone have any idea what kind of readings im looking for or what safe operating ranges are?

The data you collected is meaningless. Capture the follwing information all the way to redline in 2nd or 3rd gear.

RPM

Coolant temp

MAF (in kg/h)

Timing

Throttle position

LTFT and STFT.

Also show MAF signal at idle with AC off. If you have the ability, measure vacuum at idle and boost at redline.

my interesting findings on run 2 of durametric deal

well i wish i had written down this list to check off when running the durametric deal. i had run some other values just off the hip and interesting findings. i will definately check those options next time im out with her. it just started raining and really couldnt push her or even come close to a redline. no fun...... keep you posted. i also wasnt able to find "timing" and whats LTFT and STFT? dont think i saw those either??

is there anyway to alter durametric software to mph instead of kph and celcius to farenheit? i have fault code P0103 - Heat Film MAF Sensor it displayed. i reviewed the DME 7.2 fault text and codes under that code and having a hard time determining how this chart works.

RPM

Coolant temp

MAF (in kg/h)

Timing

Throttle position

LTFT and STFT.

well i wish i had written down this list to check off when running the durametric deal. i had run some other values just off the hip and interesting findings. i will definately check those options next time im out with her. it just started raining and really couldnt push her or even come close to a redline. no fun...... keep you posted. i also wasnt able to find "timing" and whats LTFT and STFT? dont think i saw those either??

is there anyway to alter durametric software to mph instead of kph and celcius to farenheit? i have fault code P0103 - Heat Film MAF Sensor it displayed. i reviewed the DME 7.2 fault text and codes under that code and having a hard time determining how this chart works.

Your MAF signal is obviously way too high. Check to make sure that the installer made the necessary modifications to reduce the excess MAF signal generated by the increased air flow. Check with TPC to see how they reduce the signal. Because more air is flowing into the engine, the signal generated by the stock MAF must be reduced mechanically. It can either be controlled by reducing the signal with a resistor or modiication of the path of the airflow. Not sure how they do it but it is likely your problem. You need to reduce your idle MAF signal down to around 18 kg/hr.

Edited by 1999Porsche911

RPM

Coolant temp

MAF (in kg/h)

Timing

Throttle position

LTFT and STFT.

Your MAF signal is obviously way too high. Check to make sure that the installer made the necessary modifications to reduce the excess MAF signal generated by the increased air flow. Check with TPC to see how they reduce the signal. Because more air is flowing into the engine, the signal generated by the stock MAF must be reduced mechanically. It can either be controlled by reducing the signal with a resistor or modiication of the path of the airflow. Not sure how they do it but it is likely your problem. You need to reduce your idle MAF signal down to around 18 kg/hr.

MAF signal must be reduced..??

Huh..??

MAF signal MUST be proportional to the amount/volume of airflow intering the engine...

At engine idle or light engine load cruising the upstream oxygen sensors are used to control A/F mixture to stociometric standard.

With even moderately high engine loading the A/F mixture is enriched beyond stociometric, oxygen sensor out of range, and the MAF/IAT is used to control mixture.

If you reduce the MAF output signal (to prevent overscale..?) then ECU parametric air volume "multiplier" must be adjusted to compensate.

Huh..??

MAF signal MUST be proportional to the amount/volume of airflow intering the engine...

At engine idle or light engine load cruising the upstream oxygen sensors are used to control A/F mixture to stociometric standard.

With even moderately high engine loading the A/F mixture is enriched beyond stociometric, oxygen sensor out of range, and the MAF/IAT is used to control mixture.

If you reduce the MAF output signal (to prevent overscale..?) then ECU parametric air volume "multiplier" must be adjusted to compensate.

:huh: :huh: :huh: Way over my head gentlemen....

Edited by phillipj

RPM

Coolant temp

MAF (in kg/h)

Timing

Throttle position

LTFT and STFT.

Huh..??

So what's your point? You answered your own question.

S

ya so none of my questions were answered. what do you think about gt3 air filter w/o MAF sensor? BMC996GT3.jpg

Your question was answered. Your MAF signal is not calibrated properly.

i also wasnt able to find "timing" and whats LTFT and STFT? dont think i saw those either??

is there anyway to alter durametric software to mph instead of kph and celcius to farenheit?

can i use a gt3 air filter and bypass the MAF sensor altogether?

ya so none of my questions were answered. what do you think about gt3 air filter w/o MAF sensor? BMC996GT3.jpg

i also wasnt able to find "timing" and whats LTFT and STFT? dont think i saw those either??

is there anyway to alter durametric software to mph instead of kph and celcius to farenheit?

LTFT = Long Term Fuel Trim

STFT = Short Term Fuel Trim

Durametric can show both metric and standard values

The MAF must be used.

Read the durametric manual for how to show the values mentioned.

ya so none of my questions were answered. what do you think about gt3 air filter w/o MAF sensor?

LTFT = Long Term Fuel Trim

STFT = Short Term Fuel Trim

Durametric can show both metric and standard values

The MAF must be used.

Read the durametric manual for how to show the values mentioned.

hey i did read the manual an did not locate where or how-to change the metric values to standard (i have 2 versions of durametric software).

also unable to locate LTFT, STFT, Timing, Coolant Temp under "Actual Values" tab. in another location of the software?