Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What's under the carpet?

Its a 2000 Boxster S.

There are two humps by the spare wheel. Do you know what they are for?

Don't think i have them in my 99.

And does anybody know if traction control was standard on the 2000 Boxster S?

I am looking at a low mileage one that is really sweet. Would like a later year but

it was really well looked after.

There is a 2004 Boxster S around but they want $24000 for it. I can get the

2000 S for almost $8,000 cheaper.

But no PSM on the 2000. No Litronics. No full leather. 17" wheels. Tripple black. 48,000mls. Asking $16,995.

Full service history. New top with glass window.

Thoughts?

post-16847-1259724651_thumb.jpg

In addition to the features you mention, the 2004 will also have the factory glass rear window. The interior also has some minor upgrades like a glove compartment. Your post implies that the 2000 has a glass rear window too, but I suppose it is the after market version which is slightly smaller and may interfere with engine access from above.

$8000 is a significant difference in cost. I don't think I would pay the additional money for the 2004, but I would be tempted. How long are you planning to keep the car? What effect do you think depreciation and resale value will have on your decision? I would expect the 2004 to be worth more if you plan to sell in two or three years. The 2000 may depreciate less in dollar terms since the starting price is so much lower.

I have those humps in my 2000 non-S. I don't know why they are there, but I assumed they covered a suspension component.

Edited by KevinH90

...There are two humps by the spare wheel. Do you know what they are for? ...

I looked in the trunk on my '01 Boxster and there are small humps on the floor on each side of the spare. It looked like the wheel wells intrude slightly into the trunk. I never really noticed it before you pointed it out