Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

This is absolutely the easiest DIY for the beginner. and you will save yourself over $150. Not sure if the DIY pages are for contributing members only but if they are I suggest joining rennlist as a contributing member. I am going to change my oil this weekend and wouldn't mind filming it and posting a quicktime movie of it if anybody would be interested.

Cheers,

Dell

• Admin
This is absolutely the easiest DIY for the beginner. and you will save yourself over $150.  Not sure if the DIY pages are for contributing members only but if they are I suggest joining rennlist as a contributing member.  I am going to change my oil this weekend and wouldn't mind filming it and posting a quicktime movie of it if anybody would be interested.

Cheers,

Dell

DIY pages are free to all members...

Surely you mean donate to Renntech.org? :rolleyes:

Rennlist is a fine forum but the technical stuff is here... :lol:

My bad Loren.....I meant donate to renntech not rennlist. Sorry about that slip. I must have just come from rennlist when I posted that. :oops:

My parents always told me to think before I speak...I guess I failed on that one :o

Cheers,

Dell

I would really appreciate it if you would film the oil change. I would be happy to reimburse expenses if you would make a video and send it to me (especially if you would verbally explain the steps). I saw the pictures on the DIY site. Thanks, Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would have it done that weekend but things came up and have been out of town. Back now and the weekend (this weekend the 6 or 7th) will be when the oil gets done. I will video it then. I will post when I get it done.

Dell

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so I just finished editing the video I shot and it isn't very good (I think the DIY pages you can print here are better). The problem is that there really isn't enough light under the car so vital items are hard to see. Sorry about that. But if you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will walk you through it.

Edited by LVDell

• Moderators

Our local group has filmed 4 oil changes. Hard to film when you are working on a driveway as you cannot get good shots with a video camera. Raman next to the oil has the camera on the ground.

Remove old filter and replace with new. Remove drain plug, let oil drain, replace plug. Fill engine with oil.

post-4-1100553410_thumb.jpg