Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Good News! Warranty coverage upgraded and backdated to purchase d

If you read my thread from a few days ago, you'd know that I've been waiting on the Extended Warranty Company to revise my contract and give me the coverage I asked for (and thought I received at purchase 2 months ago) Anyway, I finally received faxed confirmation today that my "old" policy had been upgraded to the 3 star plus and I added the "powertech and electronics" option to cover the rest of the "could happens" . It's good for 36 months/36k miles, was effective on 9-23-09, and pretty much covers everything. here is a link to the coverage.

scroll down and click "3 star"

https://www.warrantysolutions.com/b2b/publi...duct_option.jsp

I still think I have the coolant pipe problem because of the way the events transpired. I still maintain that my motor did not overheat as I pulled over almost immediately after getting the "Low coolant level" warning. As far as the "white" exhaust is concerned, after describing my problem to them today the guy at Porsche service said gasket problems are very rare on these V8's so I hope it's nothing. perhaps a leak somewhere around the intake and coolant has gotten in that way? heard of that before after a busted coolant pipe?

Id appreciate if you guys could check out this warranty and tell me what you think. I have a $100 deductable for ALL claims so I thought that was pretty good too. This big question is... will it cover the coolant pipe replacement. The coverage specifically mentions "cooling" along with seals/gaskets and just about everything else. There was one poster either here or on Rennlist that said the "coolant" stuff wasn't' usually covered by extended warranties. something about low pressure hoses not being covered, or something like that. I hope he was wrong in this case.

I have an "appointment" with a tow truck and Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, Tx. on the 4th of January I hear they do good work and I hope they'll take good care of me! anyone know someone down there in service?

thanks for any info you can pass along

regards,

John

Original thread

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30629

I hope, for your sake, that the coolant pipes are covered under the warranty you bought and upgraded to.

The real info about that is going to be contained in your Vehicle Service Contract.

The 3 star level you bought, according to the brochure, states that the following is covered:

Cooling

- Radiator

- Electric cooling fan motor and relay

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

Their top of the line 5 star covers:

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

- Radiator brackets

- Thermostat

- Fan blades

- Coolant recovery tank

Again nothing about "soft pipes" even though these things are hard plastic and not "rubber hoses" or pipes.

Please let us all know what you come up with.

Good luck!

KR

If you read my thread from a few days ago, you'd know that I've been waiting on the Extended Warranty Company to revise my contract and give me the coverage I asked for (and thought I received at purchase 2 months ago) Anyway, I finally received faxed confirmation today that my "old" policy had been upgraded to the 3 star plus and I added the "powertech and electronics" option to cover the rest of the "could happens" . It's good for 36 months/36k miles, was effective on 9-23-09, and pretty much covers everything. here is a link to the coverage.

I still think I have the coolant pipe problem because of the way the events transpired. I still maintain that my motor did not overheat as I pulled over almost immediately after getting the "Low coolant level" warning. As far as the "white" exhaust is concerned, after describing my problem to them today the guy at Porsche service said gasket problems are very rare on these V8's so I hope it's nothing. perhaps a leak somewhere around the intake and coolant has gotten in that way? heard of that before after a busted coolant pipe?

Id appreciate if you guys could check out this warranty and tell me what you think. I have a $100 deductable for ALL claims so I thought that was pretty good too. This big question is... will it cover the coolant pipe replacement. The coverage specifically mentions "cooling" along with seals/gaskets and just about everything else. There was one poster either here or on Rennlist that said the "coolant" stuff wasn't' usually covered by extended warranties. something about low pressure hoses not being covered, or something like that. I hope he was wrong in this case.

I have an "appointment" with a tow truck and Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, Tx. on the 4th of January I hear they do good work and I hope they'll take good care of me! anyone know someone down there in service?

regards,

John

Original thread

that's kinda what I'm hoping too. I couldn't upgrade to the 4star and 5star because of the age of my cayenne (2004) You're right about the pipes but the Guys at Porsche told me there was a good chance of warranty covering it. I also have the "white smoke"exhaust issue.... let us all cross our finger's and pray... ooooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

I hope, for your sake, that the coolant pipes are covered under the warranty you bought and upgraded to.

The real info about that is going to be contained in your Vehicle Service Contract.

The 3 star level you bought, according to the brochure, states that the following is covered:

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

- Radiator brackets

- Thermostat

- Fan blades

- Coolant recovery tank

Again nothing about "soft pipes" even though these things are hard plastic and not "rubber hoses" or pipes.

Good luck!

KR

regards,

John

Original thread

Edited by jplumlee

nope imho, pipes are fair wear and tear

that's kinda what I'm hoping too. I couldn't upgrade to the 4star and 5star because of the age of my cayenne (2004) You're right about the pipes but the Guys at Porsche told me there was a good chance of warranty covering it. I also have the "white smoke"exhaust issue.... let us all cross our finger's and pray... ooooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

- Radiator brackets

- Thermostat

- Fan blades

- Coolant recovery tank

Good luck!

KR

regards,

John

Original thread

well it looks like what your saying is that even after all of this warranty crap, I'm still going to get stuck with coolant pipe breakage not covered under warranty? now isn't that just great. At least if the head gasket is blown... that should be covered. BTW I can't find anything in the literature that disclaims "low pressure hoses" and the like

nope imho, pipes are fair wear and tear

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

Cooling

- Radiator

- Fan clutch

- Fan shroud

- Radiator brackets

- Thermostat

- Fan blades

- Coolant recovery tank

Good luck!

KR

regards,

John

Original thread