Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Parking heater & remote control

Hello, I have had a 2004 Cayenne S for a while now. The car has a factory fitted parking heater (from the company called Webasto) that you can start by either programming the timer or by a Telestart remote control.

The programming works fine but I can not seem to get the Telestart remote control working, since there is no explanation in the user's manual. I found an original Webasto manual for the Telestart and here's what it says on "Learning the Telestart transmitter":

1) Install batteries in the transmitter

2) Remove A1 fuse (black) from the heater fuse holder

3) Wait for at least 5 seconds

4) Refit fuse in the fuse holder and presss OFF button on the transmitter for at least one second within the next five seconds (talk about complicating stuff ...)

As far as the Cayenne user manual goes, the parking heater fuses should be located in the left dashboard fuse box on locations 2 (5A), 4 (20A) and 48 (5A).

Does anyone have a clue about which one is the correct one to remove in order to couple the transmitter and the heater?

Thanks a lot.

Telestart is F2.

F4 is power for the heater controller and it shows as 15A not 20A.

Thank you so much.

I am still wondering if there are ony official Porsche instructions on how to couple the Telestart to your parking heater? I was only able to find the one from Webasto - maker of the parking heater...

Has the car had TSB W331 - Auxiliary Heater Cannot Be Programmed performed?

This should have been a no charge replacement.

No, the car has only had W413, W420, W621 and W624 during the time it was serviced in Germany. The car is now definitely our of warranty and serviced at an independant shop. What to do?

I think you need a dealer with a PIWIS to investigate this problem and the rear lid problem you have.

Loren, thanks for the tip. I did just that yesterday and no fauls showed up! So I remail clueless.

And I still can not program the Webasto Telestart by removing the fuse #2 and then inserting it again.

The one guy at my local Porsche shop who could "maybe" be able to progarm it is sick and nobody else has a clue on how to program it.

Are there any official Porsche instructions on how to set up remote control to Cayenne Webasto parking heater?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to update you about my issue:

I have a 2004 CS with Webasto parking heater, which works perfecly when programming a timer or when starting it from within the vehicle. The problem is that my remote control and parking heater cannot connect.

I changed the batteries and used the official Webasto instructions on how to couple the heater to the remote without success.

My car was at the official Porsche shop and PIWIS found absolutely no faults. So they suspect that either the antenna or the remote control are faulty but they are not sure how to figure it out.

Can anyone help me with this frustrating issue before the cold central European winter is over? :)

Much appreciated.

• 11 years later...