Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can anyone tell me the rough HP Output increase I can expect by putting a supercharger on my 996 C4S (2004).

That depends almost entirely on how much you are willing to derate the base engine performance via lowering the static compression ratio.

The more PRE-COMPRESSED and INTERCOOLED cylinder CHARGE you can make use of via the SC the more ON-BOOST HP/Torque you can get.

8:1 static would not be out-landish IMMHO.

Absent some level of CR derating I wouldn't bother.

Can anyone tell me the rough HP Output increase I can expect by putting a supercharger on my 996 C4S (2004).

That depends almost entirely on how much you are willing to derate the base engine performance via lowering the static compression ratio.

The more PRE-COMPRESSED and INTERCOOLED cylinder CHARGE you can make use of via the SC the more ON-BOOST HP/Torque you can get.

You are absolute wrong in your statement. There is no speculation about this, although you always seem to have it. Low boost and high compression has been around for years and if the boost is managed properly, it produces as much power as a higher boosted, lower static compression engine does.

Whether you take a low static compression engine and boost it with 10 psi of boost or a high static compression engine and boost it with 5 psi, the boosted compression ratio of 18:1 creates the same stress on an engine and will deliver the same amount of power, all other things being equal. The engine with the higher staticc compression, however, will perform substantially better in off boost and low boost driving.

There are many good books available that you should read which will enlighten you about FI engines.

Edited by 1999Porsche911

You are absolute wrong in your statement. There is no speculation about this, although you always seem to have it. Low boost and high compression has been around for years and if the boost is managed properly, it produces as much power as a higher boosted, lower static compression engine does.

Whether you take a low static compression engine and boost it with 10 psi of boost or a high static compression engine and boost it with 5 psi, the boosted compression ratio of 18:1 creates the same stress on an engine and will deliver the same amount of power, all other things being equal. The engine with the higher staticc compression, however, will perform substantially better in off boost and low boost driving.

There are many good books available that you should read which will enlighten you about FI engines.

Sorry, simple matter of physics, the more, the higher %, of the cylinder charge that can be cooled AFTER compression the higher the effective BOOSTED compression ratio can be without resulting in detonation.

Due to the cooling effects of DFI the new NA engines can have a static compression ratio of ~12:1.

Sorry, simple matter of physics, the more, the higher %, of the cylinder charge that can be cooled AFTER compression the higher the effective BOOSTED compression ratio can be without resulting in detonation.

Due to the cooling effects of DFI the new NA engines can have a static compression ratio of ~12:1.

So, exactly what are you saying "sorry" for? You did not contradict a single thing I said.

• 2 weeks later...

hey wwest and 1999Porsche! you guys have much knowledge concerning the superchargers and appreciate your comments on my threads. as per PJA's question (keep in mind i have a 02 996 supercharged and running wonderfully!), i have yet to dyno her but will come march after i visit thunderhill. i would guesstimate 100 hp increase along with 80 lbs of torque. i can confidently tell you i eat stock 911 for breakfast and for dinner i enjoy stock turbos B)

tecra

hey wwest and 1999Porsche! you guys have much knowledge concerning the superchargers and appreciate your comments on my threads. as per PJA's question (keep in mind i have a 02 996 supercharged and running wonderfully!), i have yet to dyno her but will come march after i visit thunderhill. i would guesstimate 100 hp increase along with 80 lbs of torque. i can confidently tell you i eat stock 911 for breakfast and for dinner i enjoy stock turbos B)

tecra

Unless you have detuned the engine via >15% reduction in factrory compression ratio....

Anytime you wish to take on my factory stock 2001 911/996 C4 in a 24 hour endurance GT "race" just name the time and place. Both deposit $25,000 and winner takes all.

Edited by wwest