Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Horn stopped working... but only when I arm the alarm?

Up until last Friday when my car had the coolant pipes fixed, my horn always chirped when I armed the alarm. Now for some reason it has spontaneously stopped. The horn still works so it's not a fuse or something like that. I had a thought that it might be like my 03 Maxima, you could hold the FOB button down for 10 secs or something like that and it would change "modes" and only the lights would flash upon arming? Does the P!g have something like that as well?

Also, is it just me or is the FOB a POS? half the time it doesn't work until the 3rd or 4th try or it will just lock over and over when you press the button. I almost can't unlock the back doors and hatch with the FOB. The other thing it does occasionally is it'll unlock, then about 15 seconds later the alarm will go off. that's really nice. I thought it might be battery related but that ain't it :D

on the other hand... it's nice knowing that the coolant pipes aren't going to explode and leave me stranded.

• Admin

Just to clarify technically the Cayenne has 4 horns.

There is the alarm (signal) horn.

There is a backup horn (if activated).

There are two vehicle warning horns - high and low pitch. Operated from the steering wheel.

The vehicle horns are cheap horns and are know to be a failure item.

Check the left fuse panel F53 and F33.

OK, so I checked the fuses listed below and they look fine. Anything else I can check before a trip to the dealer?

BTW there was a fuse in that same panel that was BARELY in... I'm talking hanging by the "proverbial thread" but alas no change.

Just to clarify technically the Cayenne has 4 horns.

There is the alarm (signal) horn.

There is a backup horn (if activated).

There are two vehicle warning horns - high and low pitch. Operated from the steering wheel.

The vehicle horns are cheap horns and are know to be a failure item.

Check the left fuse panel F53 and F33.

glad that solved it -- thanks for telling us. i've had similar issues that were tied to setting changes and i was embarrassed because i was sure bigger problems existed. the mirror settings, etc.