Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 Cayenne S rear windshield washer issue

Hello, I noticed that on my 2004 CS the rear windshield washer does not work. The front and headlight washers work perfectly but when I push the stalk to activate the rear windshield washer the "pump" and the rear wiper activate but no water actually comes out the rear nozzle.

Does this sound like "clogged" lines? Any suggestions for a DIY cleaning? Any other ideas?

Common problem .. Hopefully yours is still just the clogged jet .. obviously try a thin wire into the nozzle jet in the rear high brake light..

Porsche Club of GB Forum has a thread on other areas the hose "fails" . on my old car it used to "blow" the hose off inside the rear Brake light .. so when I washed the rear window it would fill the rear high brake light and "dribble" onto the glass (few others get this too) .. Some one else had it leak into cars headlining and some one else into the dashboard area (causing a lot of electrical damage)

To replace the nozzle its a spoiler off job

Common problem .. Hopefully yours is still just the clogged jet .. obviously try a thin wire into the nozzle jet in the rear high brake light..

Porsche Club of GB Forum has a thread on other areas the hose "fails" . on my old car it used to "blow" the hose off inside the rear Brake light .. so when I washed the rear window it would fill the rear high brake light and "dribble" onto the glass (few others get this too) .. Some one else had it leak into cars headlining and some one else into the dashboard area (causing a lot of electrical damage)

To replace the nozzle its a spoiler off job

Well, I tried with the thin wire and it didn't help - still no windshield washer coming out.

When I push the stalk forward I can clearly hear the "pump" working behind the passender's side dashboard. To me it sounds louder than when the pump for the front windshield, as if it was working against pressure (ie, clogged pipes). But this is just an observation.

Ideas appreciated.

• Moderators

The rear washer line usually will jump off the connector behind (above) the roof rear trim panel (the one with the interior light). Take a look while someone else activate the rear washer, water will drip off from the roof trim or in the cavities L and R in the trunk behind the removable trim.

The rear washer line usually will jump off the connector behind (above) the roof rear trim panel (the one with the interior light). Take a look while someone else activate the rear washer, water will drip off from the roof trim or in the cavities L and R in the trunk behind the removable trim.

Thanks for help but I am not sure if I understand the location correctly. Can you give me some more datail? How would you approach this issue?

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Ice deposited on the rear window and nozzle, when I scraped the ice, along came the nozzle!!! How do I replace it? what do I need disassemble to get to it? does any have photo of how to?

Thanks

Man N

• 2 weeks later...

You need to remove the wind tail/fairing/fin piece from the roof... once you remove that part, you will see there is a hose (black) near the spray nossle (red) and it will more than likely be disconnected. I coupled them back togehter only to find it would speparate again and again with the same issue you are having. After going though the assembly and disassembly several times, I finally decided to lightly glue the hose to the spray nossle with a very light light coat of gorilla glue... Make sure not to get any on the inside

Wait a full day to dry before testing..

Did the trick for me.