Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Greetings from the Land Down Under

Looney

Hi guys,

Im Looney from the Gold Coast in Australia.

last week i picked up my first Porsche, its a 2004 996 MK II GT3.

ive owned several lotus' before and some rice rockets, but i think i've now been educated :D

some quick pics

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

hopefully i can get some good info and make some new friends here on the site :D (and maybee source some of the parts im chasing)

Edited by Looney

Welcome, you're sure to enjoy the car! Your Porsche education is just beginning if this is your first one.

I went from a near 400 hp '93 RX-7 (12 years) to a '99 C2 (3 months, not enough car coming out of the RX-7) to a '96 993TT (1 year) to the GT3. Tracked the RX-7 and the 993TT, and wondered why people said driving a Porsche was a learning experience. My addled brain didn't understand the 993TT AWD implications.

When I first took the GT3 onto the track, I was quickly humbled. Can you say "lift throttle oversteer!" I had a blast learning how to drive all over again.

For what parts are you looking?

Edited by ltcjmramos

Thanks for the welcome guys

Welcome, you're sure to enjoy the car! Your Porsche education is just beginning if this is your first one.

I went from a near 400 hp '93 RX-7 (12 years) to a '99 C2 (3 months, not enough car coming out of the RX-7) to a '96 993TT (1 year) to the GT3. Tracked the RX-7 and the 993TT, and wondered why people said driving a Porsche was a learning experience. My addled brain didn't understand the 993TT AWD implications.

When I first took the GT3 onto the track, I was quickly humbled. Can you say "lift throttle oversteer!" I had a blast learning how to drive all over again.

For what parts are you looking?

currently just some miscelaneous trim pieces to replace scratched or worn bits. but the one specific item i can list is the Fischer CD storage cmpartment. i need a new one as the existing one has a crack in it.

Welcome, Loony!!

Nice looking car. Looks like you have a non-stock exhaust (or tips, at least), and the center rad vents in the front bumper.

car is not stock, it was owned by someone who enjoyed club events etc. so has

Carrera Cup front bar

4:11 gearbox ratio

Stainless synchros

some other gearbox stainless stuff i cant think of right now

exhaust (full system)

and a re-map to suit the exhaust

accelerates quicker than my brain can process it :D

Hi there

I have an identical 04 GT3 CS - in black - in Perth

This is the car just sold by QSM yes?

FYI - the slots in the top of the bumper are the same as for a GT3 RS - ie the Cup Car bumper

- the car also has some S/S gear rings if I remember?

Other mods worth considering:

- shocks - Bilstein PSS9's

- Star racing exhaust - keep your existing one for road use!

- single mass flywheel

- RS carbon wing

Lots of fast GT3s here in Perth - 996 & 997

The Porsche Club in Oz have booked BATHURST over Easter!

- join us!

cheers

Justin