Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2010 4S with sport exhaust. The car was not originally equipped with it and had it added at time of purchase the catalog price is $2800, and the dealer charged something for the labor.

Previously had a ’06 997 s with sport exhaust so I can give you a good comparison.

The change in engine resulted in a different sound where the 3.6 was more throaty and the 3.8 has more of a snarly sound and is not as boomy. The addition of the sport exhaust nicely amplifies the sound in both.

In my opinion I prefer the new sound. It’s meaner and threatening. I always drive with it on.

Also, the new sport exhaust tips have an interesting kind of high tech look with a pipe inside outer pipe with diagonal cut and two tone colors. I posted a picture on my thread of a few days ago. Very nice.

is there ANY quality alternative muffling changes that will make the sound more throatier? this is a '10 997 C4S-THANKS FOR ADVISE.

have you checked out any of the Fabspeed products. I installed the fabspeed intakes on my 09 911s and the car definitely breathes better with a throatier exhaust note at rpm's over 3000. Its not obnoxious enought to be annoying either. i know fabspeed makes a ton of other exhaust applications too.

is there ANY quality alternative muffling changes that will make the sound more throatier? this is a '10 997 C4S-THANKS FOR ADVISE.

have you checked out any of the Fabspeed products. I installed the fabspeed intakes on my 09 911s and the car definitely breathes better with a throatier exhaust note at rpm's over 3000. Its not obnoxious enought to be annoying either. i know fabspeed makes a ton of other exhaust applications too.

+1 Fabspeed B)

• 1 year later...

Howdy!

Any experience out there with TUBI exhaust productss? Chanpion Posrche, Pompano Beach, FL has a performance shop and they reccomend this manufacturer. I'm only 2.5 years into the factory warranty and bought the extended warranty to 84mo/75000 mi and don't want to void it. 997.2 C2S. The Porsche performance endorsed TUBI seems to be least likely to interfere with the warranty although there are other less expensive quality after-market sport exhaust manufacturers out there. If this works out, I''ll probably re-map the ecu. Doing both is "advertised" to get you 35-40 addit HP.

Comments and obsdervations would be very appreciated!

Thaks!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

For my '09 C4S, about a year ago, I looked at the Champion Motorsports Tubi exhaust mods with ECU remapping to be done at a Porsche Dealership in Houston. The conversion would not void the warranty. The cost was somewhere in the ballpark of $4500 for a gain maybe of 30 horsepower. I felt this was too much money for the small gain in horsepower.

I feel that my money would be better spent on taking performance driving courses that would help me to get the most out of my "stock" vehicle. I think that unless I really know how to really drive the car in a manner that it is capable of, the increased horsepower would really only be useful for straight-line acceleration.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the increased horsepower and throatier exhaust sound.

Just my $0.02.

MWS