Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I have a 2005 997 carrera S with CD changer, and a I self installed a Mobridge Bluetooth unit so I can connect my phone and Ipod. When I bought the Mobridge, it was set up for Mercedes.

I know that the hardware installation is correct, because the Mobridge establishes contact with the Ipod and I can pair my phone via Bluetooth with it. But PCM does not see it at all. On pressing tel button system responds - no SIM installed, pressing CD twice for cd changer shows 'cd changer: no cd'.

I tried to place the latest downloaded .flf files on SD card, stopped and started car multiple times, did let it sleep - no use.

An email from Mobridge tech help suggested that I get an installer to run the install wizard to reconfigure for Porsche, which I assume requires the special installer cable that plugs into the Ipod connection and a laptop. It was also suggested that the Porsche electronics needs to be reconfigured as not having a CD changer.

I downloaded the Mobridge install wizard, with the intention to to try to use my notebook over Bluetooth to configure Mobridge directly. This software would allow the unit to be reconfigured to Porsche from the original Mercedes setup. I can install the program OK on the computers, but when I run the program file on a number of computers, I get a Windows XP error message. I have downloaded the file a number of times using Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

Does anyone know for sure if the Install Wizard can be run over the Bluetooth connection? Any other suggestions?

There is a lot of pride in doing a DIY installation, and working on my Porsche is a "labour of love". I will only go to a professional installer to complete things, if all other possibilities are exhausted.

Edited by allanb888

I would look at your computer. Did you download

with a windows program or something like Modzilla?

There is a guy who did your same install. Look int DIY.

I would go to the dealer and have him connect up

what you do not have installed in your Porsche account.

Paul

Paul

To clarify my software problem

I downloaded the Mobridge install wizard, with the intention to to try to use my notebook over Bluetooth to configure Mobridge directly. This software would allow the unit to be reconfigured to Porsche from the original Mercedes setup. I can install the program OK on the computers, but when I run the program file on a number of computers, I get a Windows XP error message. I have downloaded the file a number of times using Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

I have tried to run the program on a stand alone computer, and with a Bluetooth connection

to the Mobridge in place. Program still gives a Windows error message when I try to run it.

Any further suggestions?

There is a requirement.

PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

What windows software are you running?

Paul

Paul

I have tried to run the program on a stand alone computer, and with a Bluetooth connection

to the Mobridge in place. Program still gives a Windows error message when I try to run it.

Any further suggestions?

There is a requirement.

PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

What windows software are you running?

Paul

Paul

Any further suggestions?

I am running Windows XP with the latest updates. Should the program be able to run

on a computer without the Mobridge connected, either by cable or Bluetooth?

I think you need a cable.

Here is the requirements.

Requirements:

• PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.
    • Sorry, Mac hardware (or OSX running on x86 hardware) is not supported at this time.

[*]If you would like to perform updates over Bluetooth: an already-working bluetooth dongle. Note: because of the diversity of Windows software, driver versions, and Bluetooth dongle hardware, mObridge CANNOT provide PC support for Windows Bluetooth and dongle issues.

Installation Guide:

1. Save the file to your computer, and double-click to open.
  2. Follow the installation wizard. Where it asks if you want to install the drivers, please accept.
  3. From your start menu, select "All Programs -> mObridge -> mObridge Update Wizard" to run.

Software:

User Guide:

• A User Guide for the Update Wizard can be found here.

It probably does not like your bluetooth connection.

Paul

Thanks.

I am aware of this information from the Mobridge website.

I have done it all, but when I get to step 3 of the installation guide,

the program won't run. It jams with a windows error mesage.

I wonder if it is my version of Windows XP. I'll next try to run the

program on someone elses computer

Since we handle Dension and NavTV products more than the mObridge, I don't have specific knowledge of this issue, but one question: have you contacted mObridge for tech support?

Most of the mfrs do offer support for setups. I realize you likely bought this second hand, but they should still support it. Perhaps start there and see where it leads. I'm sure they can get you up and running in no time.

The problem is now solved.

Mobridge tech help answered my initial installation query, but did not answer a couple of emails reporting

that the setup Wizard won't run on at least 6 computers that I tried. I now know that the set up Wizard

version that was available for download initially (version 1.1.1) was faulty. After a week of trying, I went

back to the website, and an older software version was displayed (version 1.1.0), which I downloaded,

and ran successfully.

For everyone's information, the setup Wizard software once it is executed, gives 3 options for downloading

your selected setup to the Mobridge unit - installer cable, bluetooth, or SD card. I used the latter. So it is

not necessary to have an installer cable.

I have not reconfigured the Porsche PIWIS software removing the CD stacker. Everything still runs fine,

but an error message shows everytime the car is started, that no CD stacker is found. After acknowledging

this by pressing the right side rotary knob, everything works fine. I will reconfigure PIWIS later.

I have now looked at the Mobridge website download section today, and a later version of the Wizard

software is offered (version 1.1.2). I hope that this information may help future DIY installers.