Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Heard back from cust srvc rep. at PCNA. She said after doing some research, she has discovered that the problem is most likely caused by a microchip problem in the rubber boot w/ pumps that have the rubber boot fuel vapor recovery system. Apparently the system is malfunctioning and causing the pump not to shut off when it should... According to her, especially know to be a problem in TX.... Looks like that's all the help I'm going to get from them.

Are you still experiencing the problem? If so, you might have to just fill it manually, figuring that when your low-fuel indicator is activated, it'll take about 12 gallons. Do a little experimentation to "feel out" refill requirements at different indicated levels of your fuel gauge. After a fill-up, I usually check my fuel gauge anyway before replacing the nozzle, to make sure it's topped up. Sorry to hear that you've kinda run up against a stone wall. Would any Porsche dealers in your area by chance have gas pumps at or near their shops, so you could demonstrate the problem?

Since our local dealer gave the franchise back, the next closest is 1 1/2 hrs away. I drove there specifically to fill up w/ them a week ago and demonstrated the problem. Their suggestion was to fill up at a slower fuel flow speed from the nozzle.

Since our local dealer gave the franchise back, the next closest is 1 1/2 hrs away. I drove there specifically to fill up w/ them a week ago and demonstrated the problem. Their suggestion was to fill up at a slower fuel flow speed from the nozzle.

What a bummer. Well, I guess all you can do is estimate how much gas you'll need before filling up, and then keep a close eye on the nozzle, topping up manually the last gallon or so (even though the placards on the pump say not to!) Then give the ignition key a quarter twist to check the fuel level. Best of luck.

Edited by 355bhp

• 1 year later...

Latest update - recently had another issue filling up. In addition to the nozzle not turning off and fuel spilling all over the ground, now when I put the nozzle in and pull the lever to start fueling, it shuts off right away. Have to pull it out 3/4 of the way to fuel. Took car to the new dealer in my area, Porsche of New Orleans, and they say that the problem is caused by a defective fuel fill neck on car. Part ordered. Will update after work is done. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Instead of over flowing, has anyone experienced a problem while trying to get a full tank of gas? Regardless of how much I need to put in, the handle will automatically click "off" before completely filling my tank. I've tried different stations here in California and usually get the same results. I'll get 7/8 at best. Maybe my problem is also a defective fuel fill neck on the car like WTL sites above? Not a big issue, just annoying...

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - after my 11/29 post above, had a new problem - was trying to keep the gas level near empty before bringing it in for a new fuel neck. Had to add 2 gal. because I was on reserve and when I started the car, the fuel gauge needle had not moved. Turned car off and back on again, no movement. Had to add 3 more gallons to get needle to move. Since then, the fuel neck has been replaced and I had my 1st chance today to add 1/2 tank w/ no overflows, no problems. So far so good. When fueling, it did seem like the nozzle did not go in as far as it use to. Maybe my imagination, maybe a change with the new fuel neck?? See attached pic for a piece that was not used. Apparently it's a piece used for CA. emissions that's required there.

post-15449-0-00577700-1323896990.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Last update-ran tank to empty and refueled. No problems, no overflow, no premature fuel nozzle shut off. The only difference I noticed is that the gas nozzle now sicks out of the fuel neck about 4 inches when fueling. Does not even reach to the vapor barrier found on the nozzles.