Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

e-brake microswitch replacement procedure

hello folks,

does someone have detailed instructions on how to replace the e-brake microswitch. it seems that my e-brake light is not illuminating when engaged; which is further causing top inoperability issues.

regards.

There is a Tech Buletin on that topic (Loren probably has it in the TB section). I just ran in the same issue last week. I bought the new microswitch (they redisigned it so it is more "dust proof") and got it at the dealer for 5$.

Now, just need to take the tunnel lining out. I'll wait for Aileen to show up in at the next hack day, she can take that apart in less than 5 minutes with all the practice she got with the B&M shifter upgrade) :-)

Jean

Hi Tariq,

did you try yanking the handbrake lever a couple of times? It often resets the switch if it tends to get 'stuck'.

This may be a good time to do the Handbrake (Pin #15) Hack

(I did the hack when I installed the one-touch top down - bahntech unit)

If you replace it, it is only a $5 part. But you have to remove the entire console to get to it. You don't have to unto the handbrake assembly. Just lift up the handbrake, you should be able to find the switch underneath the brake handle - just pull out the connector, replace the switch and put the connector back in. The switch is not visible in the picture.

no_cover.jpg

Edited by HenryV

hello folks,

many thanks for the response.

i tried to "reset" the microswitch by engaging/disengaging the parking brake several times in rapid succession - all to no avail.

i purchased the microswitch from a local porsche dealer. i removed the anchoring screws from the center console, lifted and shifted the entire assembly to the right; exposing the handbrake assembly.

the microswitch is clearly visible. you have to pry the switch out (a flat head screw driver helps) and remove the wiring.

replacing the new microswitch takes a bit more time as you have to negotiate the plastic pin/receiving hole.

the total time expended on this task was approx 35 minutes.

many thanks once again to all who responded.

regards.