Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Passenger Window Button Stuck

Hi, hope there is someone out there that could help me with this.

I have a '98 boxster 2.5L manuel transmission. Just the other day, my passenger side window stopped working. When I try to push the button to roll the window down, it feels like there is something jammed underneath it so that I can't push the button. Pushing the button to go up sounds fine and it makes the clicking sound it's suppose to, but the I can't push the down side at all.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, if so what do I need to do to fix it, and/or maybe is there a child safety feature I accidently pushed? Please advise, Thanks

DTM888

thank you Loren,

I'll try that and let you know what happens. Hopefully this works.

Take the switch assembly out and reset the button in the plastic piece by pushing from the back side. It should snap into place.

If you have to replace the switch.....

996.613.151.00 A02 Window Switch MSRP $36.28 Less expensive at Sunset

However, I'm not sure if the gloss finish (A02) is still available new.

Bill

Thanks for the info Bill. I'll see if I could fix it first, if not then I might have to buy the part.

If you have to replace the switch.....

996.613.151.00 A02 Window Switch MSRP $36.28 Less expensive at Sunset

However, I'm not sure if the gloss finish (A02) is still available new.

Bill